Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mrsoftee
Visitor

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

My RDR HXD870 updates about 4 x per day which is normally fine but now it locks in to update which completely freezes the machine .  When this happens the only way to release it is to hold in the power button for 7secs. I have tried a hard reset and a firmware update...both failed to cure it. Any ideas anyone please.

149 REPLIES 149
janmikejones
Explorer

I have the same problem and proceeded as far as scanning for channels which seemed OK, but I still have a blank screen where there should be a program me, and the program me guide doesn't work (it comes on for a couple of seconds in a different color to normal then goes blank again). Any ideas anyone? All the other things seem to work (title list, system menu etc).
Birdlanduk
Explorer

OK how's this for VERY Odd I followed the set to France fix instruction on my HXD870 as I have firmware 1.65 and NOTHING! It didnt work at all still all channels BLANK!, then even more oddly I phoned my girlfriend who has exactly the same HXD870 machine that also has firmware 1.65 and told her the France setting fix and very strangely it worked on her machine first time?  I don't get this at all? CONFUSED!!??? why did it work for her but not me?

Diyisfun
Explorer

I am glad that others are having problems.

I thought I had problems with the tuner & was seeking out a repair, when I came across the Sony update, (which I tried & that didnt seem to work).

I have tried what others are saying on here, still no joy.

Just sent Sony an email, I think when they get a fix, they should be offering to update software foc at there stores & agents. Why should we have to do it & it is a bit techie.

I have the right ump over this & it has now spoilt my weekend.

Rant over

Diyisfun
Explorer

I could install V1.7, draw opens closes & switches off.
Diyisfun
Explorer

Opps I couldnt install V1.7, draw opens closes & switches off
sammy4567
Explorer

I have had the same problems as everyone else on 19/07/13. I initially updated the firmware to v1.70 creating the DVD using Burnaware Free software. Got stuck at Download 5 while updating and after 25 minutes turned the recorder off at the mains. On turning back on, the firmware looked like it had updated but I had still lost my Freeview channels. I then tried a software update and then got stuck in update mode. Held the power button down until recorder shut off and immediately pressed the power key again until I got the welcome message. Went into System Menu, Initial Setup, Easy setup making sure that I set the location to France when the location option came up. This seems to have sorted the problem to some degree. EPG won't work but after doing a manual timer record, I still have my freeview channels which others report losing again. After a timer record, I turn the recorder back on leave it for half a minute and the screen is blank. Then I select a freeview channel number eg 20 and press Ok. My Freeview channel then appears on my tv. Special thanks to Perigh38 and a few other contributors around the net who have helped me back to a working recorder after about 6 hours trying which included vacuuming the dust out of the inside!

Birdlanduk
Explorer

After 15 attempts at setting the machine to France somehow it finally worked don't ask my why!  Sony with no weekend telephone support about a useful as a chocolate teapot! lame & rubbish!

KSUTTO
Explorer

@diyisfun

I had the same problem.

I just forgot about updating and followed the solution in this thread, post #18 and it worked OK. Make sure that when doing the easy setup you do not scan for analogue as mentioned in the post.

Good Luck

KSUTTO
Explorer

duplicate post

Diyisfun
Explorer

I cant update to firmware 1.7 I dont have a cd disc I am trying to use a dvd rw that is blank is problem caused by dvd disc?