Join now - be part of our community!

rdr - hxd890 title list error

Panini11
Explorer

rdr - hxd890 title list error

I have been having the numerous ad-hoc tuning signal issues loosing channels etc since mid July but after 2 days and unplugging my machine whilst it was on and turning it back on etc it fixed itself and worked fin until yesterday

The issue I now have is that the timer recording function and channels still work but the title list to access what I have saved on my hard drive just shows a black screen and then freezes the player. The recordings are still there as when you check the timer record log for future set recordings it shows that there a X number of hours still stored. It even lets you play a programme although you have no way of know which you are selecting to play until the programme appears on the screen. It also means I cannot delete any programmes I may have watched so it will soon be a max capacity.

The dubbing function also does not work and freezes as well when you try so i cannot even safe guard whats on the player by dubbing it to disc at the moment

I have programmes on from months ago wanting to catch up on etc but cannot.

It seems there are no end of problems with this machine at them moment which is a shame as its been brilliant for 4 years.

Does anyone have a solution for getting the images back on the title list so I can select the programmes I want to see and delete etc

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Mr_Onion

I have know knowledge of your particular problem, but would suggest you try the following:-

1) power down for an hour (unplug the aerial too. Theres no reason why this should make a difference but why not?)

2) make sure the firmware is the latest build.

3) run the 'initial setup'  again (it won't delete your recordings)

hope you get there

Panini11
Explorer

What is the filmware?

Mr_Onion

FIRMWARE not filmware :wink:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/RDR-HXD890/updates download the firmeware to your PC, burn it to disc, and run it on the 890 following the instructions