Join now - be part of our community!

Since switch-over I am not able to record programmes in advance.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
1loveelvis
Visitor

Since switch-over I am not able to record programmes in advance.

Since the digital switch-over I can no longer record future programmes.I can record the programme I am watching but what is the point of that? I have got  a Sony RDR- GX210. dvd recorder and a Sony digital television  KD-28DL11U.I have tried recording using the Electronic Programme Guide but it does not record. Before the switch-over I could just press TIMER button on the dvd remote and it would record.I can't do it this way now because you need to have INPUT SELECT on LINE1 and then you cannot specify which programme you want to record but ,as I say, using the  EPG doesn't work either.HELP PLEASE it's driving me mad!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't have the same recorder but should still be able to record programmes in advance. Obviously if you are looking for a smart function you should have a digital tuner and so you have to change your recorder...

This should be the right procedure:

• pressing the timer button, it should open the programming interface
  • in there you should be able to setup the source (LINE1), date, start and end hour
  • that's it

Obviously you have to be careful in programming (if possible) or setting manually the attached decoder to be switched on and on the desired tv channel at the time the recorder will start the recording. It's annoying, but as I said the only alternative is to change the recorder...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't have the same recorder but should still be able to record programmes in advance. Obviously if you are looking for a smart function you should have a digital tuner and so you have to change your recorder...

This should be the right procedure:

• pressing the timer button, it should open the programming interface
  • in there you should be able to setup the source (LINE1), date, start and end hour
  • that's it

Obviously you have to be careful in programming (if possible) or setting manually the attached decoder to be switched on and on the desired tv channel at the time the recorder will start the recording. It's annoying, but as I said the only alternative is to change the recorder...