Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDP, Receiver & TV - DD/DTS not working when TV on

Sony BDP, Receiver & TV - DD/DTS not working when TV on

Hi,

I seem to be having a very strange issue. I have my BD player connected to my receiver via HDMI which in turn is hooked up to my TV.

When the TV is either off or on a channel other than the HDMI channel the output of the receiver is on, the 5.1-7.1 sound from the BD player works fine - i.e the blue light comes on the receiver and I can hear multichannel sound.

However, as soon as the TV is on and on the HDMI channel from the receiver, the receiver goes into 2 channel sound.

So I either get the full sound output and no picture or picture by only stereo sound.

I believe this is due to the BD player believing it is hooked up directly to the TV rather than the receiver but can't figure out why. I've tried disabling anything on both the BDP and TV that allows control over HDMI but to no avail.

Equipment:

BD: BDP-S380

Receiver: STR-DA5200ES

TV: KDL-46W5500

Has anyone come across this before?

I have no issues with this from a satallite box or a HTPC which the receiver/TV combo deal with just fine with multi-channel soundtracks.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Phew, that's a relief!! I was struggling to get my head around that one! Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Thanks also to Quinnicus for stepping in, you gotta love it when that happens! :yahoo: Saved again!!

Cheers fella...

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14