Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDP-S185 how to access certain features.....

SOLVED
Legal_Alien
Explorer

Sony BDP-S185 how to access certain features.....

Got a BDP-S185 and have tried without success to find out how to save things to the favourites bar and how to rate things I have watched on youtube with it. The manual does not say how to do this anywhere and when I have emailed Sony a number of times they haven't got back to me. When I try to save things or rate things it asked for a username and password!!!??? Who do I get the password and username off??? Can anyone help? Sony's aftercare service is not good quite frankly.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done a bit more research on this, and believe we are on the right track about creating a YouTube Channel : Found this on the Sony Forums USA : Here

So. On a computer or laptop

• Goto http://www.youtube.com and sign into YouTube, using your YouTube or Google username and password.  If you do not have one, create one.
  • Once signed in, there is a little arrow pointing downwards at the top right-hand side of the screen, next to a silhouette of what looks like a persons head - click on that arrow and choose "My channel"
  • Follow the on-screen instructions on creating a YouTube Channel.
  • Once created, try signing into your account on the bluray player using your YouTube username and password.

Cheers

Legal_Alien
Explorer

I'll give it a go and get back to you when I've tested it out; thanks for finding all that out. You must admit that it is rather convoluted hey?!