Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDP-S3100 get no access to my new Media Server

rebirth75
Explorer

Sony BDP-S3100 get no access to my new Media Server

Hello,

I have enabled the media server (USB) on my WDR4300 Router. I can't access the server from my Sony dlna blu-ray player, but I can access and play files from the media server on my vaio, smartphone and also directly from the same USB drive inserted to the blu-ray itself. All other media servers workes fine (PS3 Server, PC Server).

What can i do, that the server is listed on my BDP-S3100 ??

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This may sound stupid, but...  Have you connected the S3100 to your network and does it work?

I have had a little read of your routers manual and am unsure if the media server function conforms DLNA that the S3100 uses.

Can you install a program on your PC called Serviio (this is a DLNA server), configure it, and see if the S3100 picks it up.  If it does not, then you probably have a different problem, but if it does, the media server function on your router is incompatible.  Probably the best way to test o be honest.

http://www.serviio.org/download

Cheers

rebirth75
Explorer

Thank your answer! :slight_smile:

I have tested serviio and my s3100 pick up the server.

So i think the mediaserver from router is incompatible with my blue ray.

But i have tested only with wlan, so i hope i can access with a cat5e cable from router to s3100.

The peculiar thing is that the mediaserver from router had the same mac adress as my 5GHZ wireless and my lan mac adress. So maybe the mediaserver only works with the 5GHZ wireless or with LAN.

I forgot to say that the servername is listed in Network Connection
Diagnostics on bdp-s3100 but not listed in the connected servers.

Thanks for any helping to my problem ! :wink:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your welcome :slight_smile:

Give it a test with an ethernet cable by all means, however I don't believe thats the issue.  I think that the "media server" built into your router for USB filesharing is not a DLNA server at all.  I believe its just a SAMBA fileshare that categorises media into music, photos, videos.  Therefore it cannot be picked up by the S3100 - as the S3100 requires a DLNA server connectivity.

Hope that explains things a little :slight_smile:

Cheers