Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E880, Putting front speakers behind me

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Veriitas
Visitor

Sony BDV-E880, Putting front speakers behind me

Hello!

I just had a question about the  BDV-E880. It has two tall speakers (front) and two little ones (back).

I would like to switch them, because I don't have any room next to my TV.

Is it possible to just switch the speakers, or will it just mess up the sound?

I hope you can help me, because the BDV-E880 seem really nice!

Thankd in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Veriitas,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm not 100% sure but technically I would think if you swap the connections  to match the location in the room then yes you could swap the speakers  from front to back..

The only downside could be that when watching movies for example the sound levels may not be as balanced as they would be with the speakers in the correct locations..

If you have made the purchase give it a go & see what you think..

Alternatively if you haven't purchased these yet then, depending if they have this model on display, you could ask your local Sony centre to swap the speakers to fit your requirements & check the sound levels etc..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.nl_NL.title
Veriitas
Visitor

Please, can someone help me? Someone from Sony?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Veriitas,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm not 100% sure but technically I would think if you swap the connections  to match the location in the room then yes you could swap the speakers  from front to back..

The only downside could be that when watching movies for example the sound levels may not be as balanced as they would be with the speakers in the correct locations..

If you have made the purchase give it a go & see what you think..

Alternatively if you haven't purchased these yet then, depending if they have this model on display, you could ask your local Sony centre to swap the speakers to fit your requirements & check the sound levels etc..:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

technically as long as the output/impedance is the same for all speakers it should be no problem but from an Aesthetic point of view may look silly.