Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-N7200W software issue - please help

SOLVED
RasmusEU
Explorer

Sony BDV-N7200W software issue - please help

Hi.

I bought Sony's BDV-N7200W yesterday - it was my first sound system. Everything went smooth when setting it up and connecting the wires. However after I updated the receiver / blu-ray player, it shut itself off. I turned it on again, but this time there was no sound, the eject function wasn't responding and I couldn't get to blu-ray main menu. It seems to be stuck on the: ''Blu-Ray Disc'' screen. I'm using HDMI ARC.

Please help.

*Sorry for any incorrect english*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your English is fine :slight_smile:

On the N7200W unit itself, press and hold the "Play" and "Eject" buttons together for more than 5 seconds.  Remove any disc that is in the player.  Then disconnect the power cord from the mains socket - leave for about 15 minutes - then reconnect.

Hopefully this sorts out your issues.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your English is fine :slight_smile:

On the N7200W unit itself, press and hold the "Play" and "Eject" buttons together for more than 5 seconds.  Remove any disc that is in the player.  Then disconnect the power cord from the mains socket - leave for about 15 minutes - then reconnect.

Hopefully this sorts out your issues.

Cheers

RasmusEU
Explorer

Thank you for your reply.

Before I saw your reply, I went to the store where I bought it and got it replaced. Sony told me there were data corruption, when I interfered the update by manually turning it on again. But I will remember what you said!

Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
7200ww
Explorer

HI, 

IV,E HAD JUST THE SAME PROBLEM

ALL SO WHEN I SWITCN ON THE T.V. THE SONY SCREAMS IT,S LITTLE HEAD OFF

K.R