Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT 5000 random buzzing!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Jimmer007
Explorer

Sony HT 5000 random buzzing!!!

Hi looking to see if any one has had a similar experience and maybe a solution. I purchased HT 5000 Dec 2018 and occasionally when watching a 4k blu ray the sound will just start to buzz no other audio can be heard. If i pause the film and press play it corrects itself if i rewind the film to just before the buzzing started it's fine. It only happens on blu ray playback TV and Xbox play back never a problem. Soundbar is connected to Sony A1 Oled and Panasonic DP 9000 and Xbox one x and the buzzing has happened on both the Panasonic and Xbox when playing movies.....puzzled the firmware is up to date on everything.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Jimmer,

Welcome to the community.

Can you let us know the full model number of your product please?

Thanks,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Jimmer007
Explorer

Hi sorry for the delay in replying i have tried separating the video/sound from the blu ray player with sound to the sound bar and video direct to the TV. There has been no problem for the last few weeks so i figured problem solved but sadly has just done it again. It is only on blu ray playback and has done it from the xbox and panasonic blu ray player.

Model number SA -ST5000 I have video of it doing this.

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Jimmer007,

I would've recommended that you unplug the connected devices to the soundbar and plug them to the TV instead, but since you've already done that,  then I'd suggest that you reset the soundbar and test this. You can reset it as described in the user manual on page 71: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/res/manuals/4687/177e67ef0b6478b983b4b6190e14b9c1/4687838...

Let us know if this makes any difference,

Vanilla

profile.country.GB.title
Jimmer007
Explorer

Hi
Thank you for replying if you type in HT-ST5000 REVIEWS & RATINGS/SOUNDBARS
in Google you will find the official Sony site and one of the first reviews
by TK426 10/03/19 - Has Issues. Is exactly the same problem I'm having
watch his video and that is what's happening to me. So this problem isn't
just mine and others are experiencing it. Is this a fault with the unit or
a software issue?
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Jimmer007,

I'm not sure about the root cause of the problem to be completely honest. But the full reset should hopefully clear any software glitches. Let us know if it's still not solved.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
Jimmer007
Explorer

Hello

I have done all factory resets as asked now 5 minutes ago it's just done it again. This time it's on Die Hard 4k and as with all the other films its happened on its DTS Master or DTX it doesn't happen with Dolby Atmos or Dolby True HD so this must be a software issue. How can this be sorted? This soundbar is flawed.