Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N7200 - issues with vM21.R.0164?

profile.country.GB.title
wraith_9
Explorer

BDV-N7200 - issues with vM21.R.0164?

Hi guys, 

I have a BDV-N7200 5.1 Home Cinema system. I've recently updated to the latest firmware vM21.R.0164 despite not using Internet features. Ever since, when first inserting a BluRay disc the player will begin to play the disc, the screen will go black and the display reads 0:00:00, then after about 30 seconds the whole unit restarts back to the Home menu after displaying the BluRay logo boot screen. When trying the disc for a second time, it plays without issue and all is well. Whenever the disc is changed, the issue reoccurs. 

Considering this is happening after the recent update I'm hoping it's a software bug. For now though, is anybody experiencing the same issue, or does anybody know how to fix it? The unit is switched off every night, and I have tried everything except a full reset.

Thanks in advance,

Duncan

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have a problem after a FW update, it is always best to perform a factory reset.  This can clear any 'gremlins' that may be causing issues.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
wraith_9
Explorer

Hi Qunnicus,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have now tried a factory reset which initially seemed to fix the issue, but after playing two separate discs without a hitch, the third attempt saw the issue reoccur.

I only played the third disc after checking my sound settings were correct by using a memory stick for music playback. Is there any way the stick could be causing BluRay playback issues? It is the same stick I loaded with the update file. I have also changed Gracenote to manual as the discs always seem to start OK when Gracenote information is not present. 

I'll keep trying a few things, any advice you or anyone else may have in the meantime would be greatly appreciated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am not too sure whats going on.  So I think it might be prudent to go through some troubleshooting steps.  Using the principle of KIS (Keep It Simple)

1. Unplug everything that is connected to the bluray player.  Just leave the power cord and HDMI cable connected and ensure that its securely in place (obviously leave the speakers connected)
  2. Also ensure that the player is disconnected from your network (either wifi or LAN cable) - but ensure rear sound amplier is still connected correctly.
  3. Test out for a couple of days or enough time to convince your its 'hopefully' working as it should
  4. Reconnect it back to your network and test out again.
  5. If all is working, add any other device that you have connected (ie usb drive).  Only add one at a time, and test each time. 
  6. At some point if it fails, then you will know which is causing an issue (hopefully)

Hope this assists.

Cheers

h2660486
Explorer

Hello,  I've recently purchased an n7200 to a company my  sonyx85 49inch 4k TV.  However I've experienced similar issues.  

Sometimes the menus don't appear on start up of certain bluray s

Reset and it's generally fine,  again this k it may be grace note issue.  

However the main issue is that the unit seems to loose signal and glitch causing a black or coloured screen when watching films or series.  Unfortunately this is completely random as to disks and timings.  

I've contacted Sony help who took me through a factory rest and disconnect,  but this doesn't seem to have worked,  the Indian lady I was speaking to didn't seem to know a lot about anything though so I'm a bit lost now as will have to report back to Sony directly as I can't love with such an issue.  Not at this price e

Apart from this the system is great,  sound excellent but just gutted I can't figure why this occurs,  any clues gratefully received 

Tom

profile.country.GB.title
wraith_9
Explorer

Hi there,

I am still experiencing these issues, although they seem to becoming rarer as time goes on. I find one way to help prevent it is to always remove the disc before shutting the player down, as leaving it in seems to count as the first read and causes the next disc or read to reset the player. 

Had a strange occurrence yesterday too, popped in Interstellar and disc played first time and played the Warner Brothers logo. It then froze and reset after this, between the logo and the menu. Perhaps something to do with the way this disc is put together, but not the usual issue of not playing the disc at all before resetting. 

Sorry to to hear you are having issues as well.  There still hasn't been a software update to fix it, as I'm sure this issue wasn't present before the software mentioned in the thread title. I have faith Sony will eventually fix it, but when that will be I cannot say. 

Duncan

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi guys,

There's quite a long post covering these issues on the US forum which might give you some possible solutions. The post is growing quite long but it's worth a read, some people have found a solution! If you look at the final page [page 14] I've added a condensed list of all effected model numbers and some possible solutions found by these members.

Blu-ray disc won't play on Blu-ray player

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
Sbond069
Explorer

Hello all

I have a issue with my n7200w since the latest firmware update and it`s this. The Amazon Prime Video App will not load at all. All it does is crash back to the main screen. I have dnt countless factory resets and individual  reset to no avail. Its rather anoying. Been in touch with Amazon and they say it`s a sony fault not amazon.  If Any of you have any ideas let me know.

Thanks

Steve