Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-CT260H and Sony Bravia KDL42W8 no sound through arc

rick_75
Explorer

Sony HT-CT260H and Sony Bravia KDL42W8 no sound through arc

seems my post has vanished so re done it again. :S

please can someone help me,i have just brought the above tv and i have already go the sound bar,prior to this tv i was using a optical cable as my previous tv didnt support arc,but this new tv has arc,i thought why not,hmmm its not working!!!

i have tried looking everywhere on tv for settings to enable it but no joy,so looked in sound bat and put bar on hdmi/tv and hdmi c ect and still nothing

my cable cable is 1.4 compatiable as checked site it was from.

so hdmi from arc hmdi 2 to arc on soundbar

i can change channel,volume,turn off so kinda baffled to whats wrong is my sound bar faulty,only had it a few months,bought from tescos

so can anyone help me please that would be great.

16 REPLIES 16
rick_75
Explorer

well ive tried everything changed cables,tried hmdi 2(arc) with my ps4 that shows up so know its not the tv,just cant get no sound from bar,optical works perfectly could i have a faulty sound bar?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Whats the last couple of digits of your TV's model number KDL-42W8??

Cheers

rick_75
Explorer

29 last two digits

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think it might be prudent to start from the start here.  Can you confirm the following?

• TV (HDMI2 - ARC) to Soundbar (HDMI IN - ARC)
  • Ensure that Bravia Sync in ON on the TV.  Instructions : HERE
  • Soundbar - Set "TV Audio" to "TV (HDMI)" in the audio settings (Default is Optical).  Instructions(Page 25) : HERE
  • Ensure that "Control for HDMI" is set to "ON" (Default is ON) - Page 25 (as above)

If all settings are correct - Turn TV off from the powerpoint on the wall for 60 seconds, and swtich it all back on again.

Fingers Crossed :four_leaf_clover:

Cheers

EDIT:  Forgot to say, ensure that the input source on the soundbar is set to TV(HDMI) as per page 18

rick_75
Explorer

cheers for the reply i will give that a go but anit counting my chickens lol,i shall reply shortly with result

rick_75
Explorer

no didnt work im fraid :slight_frown:

Anonymous
Not applicable

DOH !!   (No homer emoticon !) 

One other thing, on the TV, have you set TV Speakers to "Audio System"?

Hmmmm.

Is there anyway that you can test the soundbar on another TV that has HDMI ARC - Friend/family/neighbour etc?

Other than that, Im afraid Im out of ideas at this stage.  You may want to contact Sony on this one ?

rick_75
Explorer

yes i put speakers on audio,dont know anyone with arc setup,its strange because i can control the volume,channel and inputs,just not getting no sound optical works brilliant when i tested that,im at wits end now 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

If optical works - I can only assume two things now - as they are all the settings you need/require :  Faulty HDMI cable (even though you have tried another one) or Faulty HDMI port.

So its either two things to try, contact Sony Support : HERE  and see if they have any suggestions, or try getting a replacement from the retailer (which is a pain in the ....)

Sorry that I cannot be of further help - maybe another forum member has any other suggestions?