Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-XT1 sync issues?

SOLVED
BobbMc
Explorer

Sony HT-XT1 sync issues?

Hello all, this is my first post so here goes, I recently purchased the Sony KDL55W829 and the Soundstage HT-XT1. My problem is no matter what I do I cant get the television remote to control the soundstage volume. I have a Ps4, Lg Blu ray player & sky tv plugged into the 3 'in' hdmi ports, the 1 out I have plugged into hdmi 2 of the television which is the ARC port. The HDMI cable I am using is a v 1.4 cable ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/TEEPEE-ONLINE%C2%AE-ETHERNET-LIFETIME-WARRANTY/dp/B00D6F2MKW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=U... ) and I can't find any information online about what I'm doing wrong. I have checked the troubleshooting guides and manuals etc but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BobbMc

I am also out of ideas as well.  The only thing left to suggest is to contact either your retailer for an exchange, or contact Sony Support : HERE

Unfortunately thats all I can suggest to be honest.  Good luck with everything, and please post back if/when you get a resolution - id be interested to know.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From your description, everything looks right:

• HDMI 1.4 cable
  • TV (HDMI 2 - ARC) to XT1 (HDMI OUT - ARC)

Firstly, Do you get audio from the XT1 when watching TV?  If so, that means things are working correctly.  If not, suggest a new cable (you never know)

In regards to the single remote control:

• On the TV, ensure that you have enabled Bravia Sync.  Instructions : HERE
  • Ensure that "Controling the volume of an audio system with TV remote" is set to "Variable".  Instructions : HERE
  • On the XT1 - Ensure that "Control for HDMI" is set to ON.  By default it is.  Page 10 of the manual : HERE

Hope this helps

Cheers

PS: Welcome to the Forums :slight_smile:

BobbMc
Explorer

Hello, and thanks for the quick reply,

Yes I am getting sound from the xt1 via the HDMI cable.

In regards to the bravia sync, when i go to the bravia sync device list, the Playstation comes up, but the xt1 does not, when i choose 'ENABLE' and it comes up with controllable devices listed it does not show the xt1 on the list.

I have changed the volume to variable, as i didnt know about this, no difference with the sound.

The XT1 has 'Control for Hdmi' set to on.

One thing I've noticed (not sure if it relevant) is on the sound menu, when i highlight the Speakers option I'm given the choice of TV speakers, or Audio system. When i choose audio system it comes up with 'Tv speakers active due to audio system communication failure'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sounds like a communications error - especially with TV speakers active due to......

Sometimes its fixed by simply switching EVERYTHING off from the powerpoint on the wall.  Other times, its remove HDMI cable, turn it all off and on again, then replug cable back in.

Other times, its a replacement of HDMI cable.

Give that a go firstly anyhow.

Cheers

BobbMc
Explorer

Apologies for not getting back quicker, I ordered a new hdmi cable,so was waiting for that to arrive. It hasn't solved the issue! Unplugged the television and soundstage, left it for 15mins, unplugged the hdmi cable, the re-plugged in the television and soundstage, plugged in the new hdmi cable, no difference in regards to control of the volume!! Not sure what to do now... :thinking:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BobbMc

I am also out of ideas as well.  The only thing left to suggest is to contact either your retailer for an exchange, or contact Sony Support : HERE

Unfortunately thats all I can suggest to be honest.  Good luck with everything, and please post back if/when you get a resolution - id be interested to know.

Cheers

dalebbe
New

hi mate i have the same tv and ht-xt1 use hdmi port 1 which is the arc port hope this helps i find the sound is awful from sky and not loud at all