Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HT-XT1 & Sky HD Issues

DanH2014
New

Sony HT-XT1 & Sky HD Issues

Hi all

I am hoping someone out there has a Sony HT-XT1 soundbase and Sky+ HD box and can assist me?

I have hooked up the HT-XT1 soundbase directly into the Sky box by HDMI and another HDMI from soundbase to TV as per instructions from Sony but I am experiencing a slight sound issue.

When I press the Sky TV Guide the sound from the mini screen on the menu cuts out for about 5 seconds and then returns. Then if I press "back up" or return to the programme I was watching the sound is there for a split second and then cuts out for 5 seconds and then returns again.

This is the only issue I am having but is annoying. I have spoken to Sky and Sony and neither can assist and I cant seem to find any reports of this online. So I am hoping someone can assist me in resolving this issue.

I have set it up two different ways -

HDMI from Sky to TV (HDMI1), HDMI from HTXT1 to TV (HDMI ARC).

Then I tried on Sony's suggestion...

HDMI from Sky to HTXT1 (HDMI1 In), HDMI from HTXT1 (HDMI Out) to TV (HDMI ARC)

I also changed settings on Sky sound for Audio Output HDMI from Normal to Dolby Digital.

Nothing makes a difference, still cuts out for 5 seconds and then starts again.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As a suggestion, try turning OFF "Control for HDMI" on the Sky box and see if that has any effect?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
dalodge30
Explorer

I have a Panasonic TV and Sky+ HD. My best set-up, and I'm very happy with the excellent sound and performance is SKY, BluRay and one other component connected via HDMI to the TV. Using the ARC HDMI connector from the TV to the HT-XT1 this switched on when the TV is switched on. There is a short delay of a few seconds before the sound is heard but no problem. I did find by setting on the SKY box "Digital Audio Output-HDMI" to Dolby D there was no sound at all, just left it at "Normal". Hope this helps,