Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080 auto power on

profile.country.GB.title
eagleTV
Explorer

STR-DN1080 auto power on

Hi, I have just puchased this. I have set it up to have standby pass through. I have set HDMI auto power off to "off".

However when I power on my Skybox, it turns the amp on. I don;t want it to do that.

I'm looking through the manual, can't see where this is covered, any help appreciated.

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

How do you have your set up connected?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
eagleTV
Explorer

Hi, Sky box into the Sat/cab input into the Amp via HDMI.

Amp to TV via HDMI, LG.

LG TV input is ARC friendly, and also has something called Simplink that recognises Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Maxigooner
Explorer

Hi All,

was as this issue resolved I have the same issue at the mo.

profile.country.GB.title
eagleTV
Explorer

Sort of, it ultimately came down to my LG TV & it's settings sending a "power on" signal back to Sky but instead it was turning on the amp.

profile.country.GB.title
Maxigooner
Explorer

Okay, thanks.

profile.country.GR.title

I have the same issue with LG Oled and STR-DN 1080. The receiver powers on every time the hdmi input of the arc is selected on the TV and the annoying home screen of the receiver pops-up after a few seconds. So the hdmi passthrou is not an option.

profile.country.GB.title
eagleTV
Explorer

I have the following.

Control for HDMI off.

eARC on

Standby Through on.

So the amp no longer powers on. Which is good. I can still watch Sky, my main viewing-passing through, also good. 

Have to turn the amp on to watch any other input. 

Works for me for now.

profile.country.GR.title

Unfortunately, it seems that you must choose between passthrou and volume control. You can't have them both. Hdmi control to on gives you the ability to control volume with your tv's remote but passthrou does not exists as a notion then. Hdmi control to off does not power on the receiver (so you can passthrou signals) but you need the receiver's control to adjust the volume... Thanks sony! Can't use my smart remote thanks to you! 

profile.country.GR.title

Tested to disable hdmi control. The arc is not functional at least in my configuration...