Join now - be part of our community!

STRDN-1020 - Sound auto selects "Sports" sound field

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
barntomp
Visitor

STRDN-1020 - Sound auto selects "Sports" sound field

Hi, Recently bought a STR-DN1020 from my local Sony centre, which is sadly now closed.

I've got a bluray and a PVR plugged into it via HDMI (and a TV) all of which are Sony devices. Whenever I switch to these devices (not the TV) the "Sports" sound field is selected automatically and I have to change it manually using either the remote or the buttons on the amp. Also when I use a function on the remote it re-selects the "Sports" sound field too so I have to again manually change it back again. Its getting very annoying.

I've been on to the Sony Help desk and they told me to reset the device and upgrade the firmware which I've done but it still does the same.

Is this a setting on the device or is it a fault that can be easily repaired? 

Cheers in advance

Barnaby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John-Cobb
Visitor

Hi Barnaby,

This is because you have "Sports" selected as the "Scene Select" choice for that input on your TV.

Use the "Scene" button on your TV remote to select "General" which will disable the "Scene Select" function for this unput.

Kind Regards

John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John-Cobb
Visitor

Hi Barnaby,

This is because you have "Sports" selected as the "Scene Select" choice for that input on your TV.

Use the "Scene" button on your TV remote to select "General" which will disable the "Scene Select" function for this unput.

Kind Regards

John

barntomp
Visitor

Many thanks - I've been cursing Sony support for about two weeks for not being able to help me on this one and giving me conflicting info - was told to take it back to be swapped, then spent 30mins on the phone on hold while they try to figure out how to trouble shoot it only to be told it cant be swapped and needed to be repaired. Was at the end of my tether but this has made me a very happy man. 

Thanks again.

By the way - are there any guide which recommend what to do with the different settings? I understand how to set them but not what the optimal settings are