Join now - be part of our community!

TalkTalk/Tiscali iPlayer issues Blu-ray

profile.country.en_GB.title
PeterJ101
Visitor

TalkTalk/Tiscali iPlayer issues Blu-ray

I've a BDP S570 and a EX732 and iplayer has worked ok until last few days. Its great when it works! But over the last few days it now runs out of memory loading the home page and goes into a loop of re-trying until I press HOME to break out of it. Very frustrating. I've been scanning the message boards and lots of folks have been having problems but not seen any mention of this one. Is there a fix or is it just another BBC problem?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Catmambo

80 REPLIES 80
jezahl
Visitor

I too have the same out of memory error and I'm on tiscali/talktalk.

This has never worked since I bought this machine two weeks ago !

Are there any updates?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

Hot off the press - TalkTalk have managed to replicate the issue and have raised this with the BBC directly. No updates on a fix yet, but its being worked on as I type.

Thanks

jezahl
Visitor

Catmambo,

It's now working for me (BDP-S370, talktalk)

Must have been a simple fix :slight_smile:

roobarbandkiwi
Visitor

We too are having a problem getting iPlayer on our bravia TV. We've only managed to watch 1 programme sucessfully since purchasing the TV from John Lewis at Christmas. Every programme we try and watch gets interrupted every 5 seconds or so. Our ISP is Tiscali/Talk Talk and we can watch iplayer through our PC with no problem at all but not on the TV. We purchased this TV specifically because we could watch iPlayer on it and we are so diappointed with it we are considering taking it back. If Sony are putting together a list of disappointed customers, please add me to that list and I would appreciate being updated on any progress on this issue. Thanks.

Catmambo
Contributor

Haven't seen an update from Tiscali on this yet. Will email them.

Thanks

Bhoy67
Visitor

Purchased a new KDL-40EX713 at the end of Dec.  It has the latest firmware (0108).

The iPlayer Beta worked fine initially.  No noticeable buffering either.

Then last week it stopped working.  If you try to go into it, the "waiting circle" just never stops.  Tried Refresh Internet Content - it says there is no link.

However, there is a link.  View Network Status confirms this.  In any case, I can watch a streaming video via YouTube & all the other internet services.

My ISP is Demon, which uses the BT infrastructure I believe.

Is there a new problem with iPlayer, has the TV developed a fault or could the problem lie with my ISP?

Thanks. 

alcocnic
Visitor

We bought our blu-ray player at Xmas.  Initially it was fine on i-player (although sometimes a bit slow), but in the last 2 weeks have had this problem of loading the pc version alot.  It seems quite random - somtines it works and somtimes not.  Our ISP is Talk Talk (ex Tiscali), although we're thinking of changing (for various reason).  Is changing ISP likely to resolve this?  If so would make our decision much easier.

Thanks

paulgrecothompson
Visitor

Same here. Talk Talk / Tiscali. Sony Bluray tries to load Iplayer PC web page, says "not enough memory" then crashes and goes round in circles. This is very annoying and needs SORTING OUT!!!  Has done it for hours today. Pain in the a**e.

paulgrecothompson
Visitor

No sign of my problem going.  This happened once before briefly and I thought nothing of it.  Becoming a SERIOUS problem for me now.  Better get sorted soon or the Bluray player is going back to Comet. If it can't perform its number-one function on common internet providers, it's not fit for purpose.

Message was edited by: paulgrecothompson

paulgrecothompson
Visitor

Sorted now. This morning nothing on Bravia would connect even though my  internet status showed connected, so something had been done - I  refreshed the internet content, brought up services again, and hey  presto - iplayer works again. The no-longer-gettable Tiscali service has  a reprieve as for just over 20 quid a month for unlimited broadband and  anytime calls, it's hard to beat. Any more probs and I might BE going  somewhere else..