Join now - be part of our community!

Why does BDP-S370 keep switching off

profile.country.en_GB.title
drew1000
Visitor

Why does BDP-S370 keep switching off

My Sony BDP-S370 Blu ray player keeps switching off whilst either watching a dvd or internet content.  I have two of these players and the other one is fine.  What makes it more remarkable is this is the third unit that does this.  The first two were bought from Amazon and when the second one did the same I got a refund.  As I am generally very happy with the machine I purchased a third one from John lewis and it is doing exactly the same.  I have swapped the HDMI cable just in case but this makes no difference.  Latest firmware installed.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried updating the firmware and turning off the screensaver and auto-off mode just in case this is impacting?

Thanks

drew1000
Visitor

Have updated the firmware to latest version.  Have not come across the auto-off setting or screensaver.  I will ahve a look at these tonight.  Many thanks for the suggestion

ZergyZugZug
Visitor

Hi All,

I have the same problem, it starts switching off after about 15 - 30 mins, then turns back on after a few seconds with no sound for a few seconds, then will work for another 10 mins, before doing it all again.

I have updated the firmware, still does it.

I have switched off screen saver and auto power off after 30 mins off, still does it.

Any suggestions too,

drew1000
Visitor

Checked my settings (page 24 of user manual) and although the Auto Standby mode was set at off I noticed the "Control for HDMI" was set to on.  I changed this to off and it appears to have cured the problem. Only had time to give it a try last night but DVD Player played a full dvd without issue so looks like this may well have been the issue.   Not sure why this would be as I have the DVD Player connected to a Sony Bravia LCD TV and would expect any interaction to work OK.  I will give it another try tonight but would suggest you check this setting and select "off" .  Let me know how you get on. If this turns out to be what has caused my problems then I have returned two players which were probably OK.

starling1961
New

Mine switches off too. Soted it by changing the screen settings/Output video format/HDMI from "auto" to 1080i.

It still flicks on+off at 1080p but more slowly. It is steady at 1080i. But am I losing some quality at this setting?

frjenni
Visitor

Thanks for this changed the HDMI control setting as suggested and solved the problem

Frank