Join now - be part of our community!

3D problem through a PS3

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
goldenboot9
Visitor

3D problem through a PS3

I recently bought an NX723 with inbuilt 3D, and i also have a PS3 (160GB Slim console). I connected the two with a gold plated HDMI cable that the guy in the shop said would be necessary to view 3D. I then tried to play a 3D blu-ray DVD on the PS3. When I selected the 3D menu on the TV, I was given 4 options: Simulated 3D, Side by side, Over/under and turn 3D off. The simulated 3D seems to work, but it is not a great effect. When I try either the side by side or over/under the picture becomes distorted (either very wide or very tall). I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong, or I have not set it up correctly. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

first of all check that the dealer gave you the latest 1.4 high speed cable required for 3D, then check your tv settings in the menu for 3D, set Auto 3D to on, 3D signal notification to on, on some models you have to set the screen size as well although i can no longer see that option on mine (HX923).

since you have not mentioned the glasses, check they are charged and turned on prior to viewing.

i cannot vouch for the PS3 but check the output settings on that and most importantly that it has the latest firmware, oh and check you have the latest on the tv as well!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Bravia55HX

Hi,

first of all check that the dealer gave you the latest 1.4 high speed cable required for 3D, then check your tv settings in the menu for 3D, set Auto 3D to on, 3D signal notification to on, on some models you have to set the screen size as well although i can no longer see that option on mine (HX923).

since you have not mentioned the glasses, check they are charged and turned on prior to viewing.

i cannot vouch for the PS3 but check the output settings on that and most importantly that it has the latest firmware, oh and check you have the latest on the tv as well!!

goldenboot9
Visitor

Thanks. I'll try these things tonight.

The problem isn't to do with the glasses, as they work fine in simulated 3D. Updating the firmware sounds like the most plausible reason though.

Cheers

michaelhesketh84
Visitor

Hi,

I just got a Sony kdl40ex723 and am trying to play uncharted 3 and switch to 3d mode on the tv but I'm getting the same issue. Did you have any joy fixing it?

BiltyBoy
Visitor

Hi, A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new 46NX713 I then thought i'd get the 3D transmitter & a couple of the TR250 glasses they worked great with the 3D experience on the Sony site so i thought i'd get the works for the kids new Sony 3D DVD then PS3 not realising that you can also get the 3D on the PS3 so that was a waste of money, however when i purchased 3D movies & also the Harry Potter ones i received free from Sony none of them work, the message i'm getting is i need 3D enabled equipment & i've also purchased a new 3D compatable HDMI its now doing my head i've tried to contact Sony support but they must all be on holiday & the kids are asking when they watch the 3D. any help out there ?

Bravia55HX

Hi,

try updating the firmware on your equipment, that should sort out the playback issues with 3D.

BiltyBoy
Visitor

Thanks for your reply but i tried this on all the equipment and all said i didnt need upgrade as all were brand new, very frustrating. probably not many people realise the amount of additional equipment & expensive at that why don;t they sell the TV as a package that works once bought. I will be taking this up with Sony asap. Cheers

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

one last thing, and dare i ask, did you charge up the glasses before you tried to use them?, and did you turn them on prior to viewing?, im very sorry to ask this but you would be surprised how many overlook this.

BiltyBoy
Visitor

Thanks again, yes i've done all this & 3D experience that you can get built into the TV i can receive without a problem, if i had the problem with just the DVD i could maybe work it out but its the same with my new PS3, i've also checked all the set up on the TV is correct I bought 3 movies for the kids at least they can watch these in 2D but the free Harry Potter ones i got from Sony are 3D only without any other option, i would'nt care i'm not really bothered about 3D i only got it for the grandkids. Thanks for your help

gofrost

if you have the 3d sync transmitter tmr-br100 on the right hand side of the device is a 3 position adjustment this might be your problem