Join now - be part of our community!

3D Resolution on the 55X9005A

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

3D Resolution on the 55X9005A

Hi, it is well known all over the web that the 3D resolution on the 55X9005A is limited to 1920 x 540p per eye, wheras the 65X9005A has a 3D resolution of 1920 x 1080p per eye.

I have tried to raise a complaint with regards to this by speaking to Sony UK Customer Service, however I seem to be getting absoloutly nowhere.

From what I've read on the web, Sony are aware of this and the suspicion is that it's related to issues with the FPR (Film Type Petterned Retarder) on the 55", however there has been no official response from Sony.

As an owner of the 55" Model, all I am after is an explanation. Is that too much to ask ?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I see from your post that you have tried to contact Sony directly in regards to getting an answer.   I have raised your question as an escalation to Sony in the hope that they provide you an answer.  Please ensure that your contact details are correct in your account settings.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi Quinnicus, thanks for your reply. Managed to speak to somebody senior within Sony UK Customer Service and I have been assured that I will be given an appropriate response once this matter has been looked into it.

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Here is a link to a professional review on this model that mentions the 3D Issue on the 55" :- http://www.avforums.com/review/sony-x9-kd-55x9005-4k-ultra-hd-led-lcd-tv-review.9890

This is just one example. There are many more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Im glad you got an initial reponse back.  Please post back what the out-come is, as im sure others would be interested too.

Cheers.

PS; Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Will do :slight_smile: