Join now - be part of our community!

Loading BBC I Player on Sony Bravia TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ChrisMcI
Explorer

Loading BBC I Player on Sony Bravia TV

Sony Bravia TV will not load BBC Iplayer (indicates continuous buffering). It will load other simlar e.g Channel 5 and You Tube etc as normal. This problem has suddenly started without warning.

Any help will be appreciated

Best Regards,

Chris McI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
ChrisMcI
Explorer

Thank you for your input. It may well be a related problem. However, IPlayer has suddenly started working again for most transmissions. It still fails after approximately 5/10 minutes play when attempting to access the Bahrain Formula One Programme.

My original issue was reported to BBC via the IPlayer website, and their response acknowledged that there was an issue with accessing IPlayer from some Sony TV's and Blu-Ray players. They are aware of the problem and indicated that it was being dealt with.

I hope this update helps

Chris McI 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chris,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Could your iPlayer problem be connected to the problem reported in the Sony Bravia no longer working with iplayer (03/2014) thread.?

profile.country.GB.title
ChrisMcI
Explorer

Thank you for your input. It may well be a related problem. However, IPlayer has suddenly started working again for most transmissions. It still fails after approximately 5/10 minutes play when attempting to access the Bahrain Formula One Programme.

My original issue was reported to BBC via the IPlayer website, and their response acknowledged that there was an issue with accessing IPlayer from some Sony TV's and Blu-Ray players. They are aware of the problem and indicated that it was being dealt with.

I hope this update helps

Chris McI