Join now - be part of our community!

46W905A auto shutting down, following by the red lamp blinking

SOLVED
kiy905
Explorer

46W905A auto shutting down, following by the red lamp blinking

I bought the TV last Thusday (28/11/13) and finally got round to purchasing a 3D BlueRay DVD to test out the set this evening.

The blueray system loads up fine but as soon as the TV displays a message confirming along the lines of "3D dispaly found" my TV switches off automatically and the centre 'Sony Lamp' starts blinking, with each blink interal consisting of x4 binks. Incidentely I tried loading one of the apps located in the 3D app store located in SEN and the same issue occured

I then followed the procedues in the Sony guide to 1/ removed the plug from mains(10 mins) and also restored back to factory settings.

Again the exact situation happen as described above.

Would appreciate any advice to rectify this issue on my 4 day old set.

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you have a hardware error of which cannot be resolved here.  As the TV is brand new, my advice is to take it back to the place you purchased it from for an exchange.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you have a hardware error of which cannot be resolved here.  As the TV is brand new, my advice is to take it back to the place you purchased it from for an exchange.

Cheers

kiy905
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Much appreciated for the quick repsonse, I will contact JL from whom I purchased the set from first thing tomorrow. From the speediness of your reply, is what I am experiencing onmy Sony set a common occurence?

Thanks

Kiy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have not seen or heard a blink code error on the W9 TV's yet (your the first, as far as I believe).  So Ill have to say, no its not a common occurance.

Good luck with JL by the way.

Cheer 

PS: The speediness of my reply, indicates that I have nothing better to do :slight_smile: