Join now - be part of our community!

TV (KDL40EX500) wont go to sleep mode / standby on HDMI

SOLVED
bizkit45
New

TV (KDL40EX500) wont go to sleep mode / standby on HDMI

hy, TV wont go to sleep mode over HDMI. If i put it on VGA, TV goes to sleep after some time, but if i put it on HDMI (tryed all 4 ports) the screen just goes black (not OFF, green light is still on) and saying it is pluged in to HDMI with white fonts in top right corner. I am trying this on PC. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Fully heard and understood now :slight_smile:  Thank you for the full explaination. 

But unfortunately it cannot be done.  Ill explain.

Under the ECO settings, there is an option for PC Power management - But only from the PC input Source (ie VGA).  There is no option to power down the TV from any other input source.

Eco Settings.jpg
HDMI Settings.jpg

Looking at the HDMI settings - Even IF the PC was compatible for HDMI-CEC functions (Bravia Sync)  which it probably isnt, there is still no way to switch the TV off.  You are able to have the TV switch itself on via a compatible connected device, but not the other way around.

HDMI Settings.jpg

Your only option is the Idle TV standby setting/presence sensor (if available) but they have some drawbacks if used too.

Anyway, hopefully this explains it.  Unfortunately, its back to that remote control power button.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Im not sure what you are trying to achieve here.  However I am not aware that you can automatically turn the TV off over HDM if no HDMI input source is detect. 

Have you looked into the ECO settings in the System Settings - In particular "Idle TV Standby" or even Presence Sensor.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/iManuals/egb/3a-1/eco_2b1_2b2_3a0_3a1_3a2_50.html

Cheers

bizkit45
New

maybe i was not clear enough :slight_smile:

i have PC hooked up to THIS TV (via HDMI) and another standard monitor (via DVI). Now i want TV to turn off after PC being IDLE (meaning 20min inactivity). The monitor which is on DVI turns off. The TV did turn off while i had it hooked on standard VGA, but now when i replaced VGA for HDMI it is allways ON. The PC and monitor both goes to sleep and turn off, but the TV is always on even if i turn off PC.

I hope i made it clear enuff this time :slight_smile:

thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Fully heard and understood now :slight_smile:  Thank you for the full explaination. 

But unfortunately it cannot be done.  Ill explain.

Under the ECO settings, there is an option for PC Power management - But only from the PC input Source (ie VGA).  There is no option to power down the TV from any other input source.

Eco Settings.jpg
HDMI Settings.jpg

Looking at the HDMI settings - Even IF the PC was compatible for HDMI-CEC functions (Bravia Sync)  which it probably isnt, there is still no way to switch the TV off.  You are able to have the TV switch itself on via a compatible connected device, but not the other way around.

HDMI Settings.jpg

Your only option is the Idle TV standby setting/presence sensor (if available) but they have some drawbacks if used too.

Anyway, hopefully this explains it.  Unfortunately, its back to that remote control power button.

Cheers

bizkit45
New

thanks for the detailed explanation.you made it very clear and easy.