Join now - be part of our community!

5006 error

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tomandjen
New

5006 error

Hi I have  sony <5006> error on my tv ,WI have check and i have the latest update  I conect to PC and wirless router , but can not get internet to load, system running at good speed, any Ideas pls

Message was edited by: tomandjen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there.

A quick google search on that error message indicates that a hard reset or factory reset seens to fix the problem

WARNING!! Hard reset will remove all settings on the TV. If you had a professional calibration this reset will negate the settings performed.

Please follow these steps to perform a Factory reset

1. The TV ID data might be corrupted. To recover, do a hard TV reset. While the TV is on press and hold the UP Arrow, then press the Power Button on the TV set.(not the remote)  the power button should be the top button on the side of the TV

Give the TV a few minutes to repower and kick in the SETUP process. Check to see if 5006 is cleared

You may have to do this a few times to restore the data.

• Factory Reset

Settings > System Settings > General Setup > Factory Setup

Good Luck

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there.

A quick google search on that error message indicates that a hard reset or factory reset seens to fix the problem

WARNING!! Hard reset will remove all settings on the TV. If you had a professional calibration this reset will negate the settings performed.

Please follow these steps to perform a Factory reset

1. The TV ID data might be corrupted. To recover, do a hard TV reset. While the TV is on press and hold the UP Arrow, then press the Power Button on the TV set.(not the remote)  the power button should be the top button on the side of the TV

Give the TV a few minutes to repower and kick in the SETUP process. Check to see if 5006 is cleared

You may have to do this a few times to restore the data.

• Factory Reset

Settings > System Settings > General Setup > Factory Setup

Good Luck