Join now - be part of our community!

55HX853 VIEWING HEIGHT ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
BRAMCL
Visitor

55HX853 VIEWING HEIGHT ?

Could anyone please advise as to whether there is an optimum/ maximum height at the which the 55HX823 should be positioned ?  I'm considering purchasing one, but am concerned over the viewing height, given the tilt on the screen.  I've just bought some new furniture, so can't change that ...

Any thoughts appreciated - thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

im sure it will be fine, its only a little higher and the six degree tilt wont notice too much from the front, are you worried about it tipping over?, dont be as its very stable on the stand it comes with.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bravia55HX

Hi,

mine sits on a normal tv stand and its at eye level from sitting position which is ideal the stand is actually 50cm tall, you could go a tad lower as the tv was designed for low slung furniture, hope that helps.

BRAMCL
Visitor

Thanks for the prompt response !

The units I have are 65cm high, and as they are brand new, I can't change them - do you reckon this is too high ?

I wasn't actually looking at the 853 initially, however the design caught my eye, and the reviews seem decent (I have Sony EX series in various other rooms)

The sloping screen worries me a little though ...

Thanks.

Bradley.

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

im sure it will be fine, its only a little higher and the six degree tilt wont notice too much from the front, are you worried about it tipping over?, dont be as its very stable on the stand it comes with.

BRAMCL
Visitor

Hi, and again response appreciated.

I think you've calmed my fears, so will go and purchase tomm !

One final question (honest !) - what are best value/ quality 3D glasses to get ? Need to get four pairs, so realise it is going to be relatively costly.

Many thanks again.

Bradley.

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

well to be honest (4 pairs, crikey!) the new TDG-BR750's are a vast improvement over the earlier BR250'S to which i have both, if finances permit go for the 750's, they are much lighter, more comfortable, much more sylish and work beautifully.

BRAMCL
Visitor

Apologies for delay in thanking you for kindly replying.

Yes, four pairs are a bit much, but I'll have a Battle Royale on my hands with kids otherwise.

Unless I get the 750s for myself, and the 250s for everyone else ...

Thanks agin for your help with this topic.

Bradley.