Join now - be part of our community!

55hx923 switching on problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
fiodor99
Visitor

55hx923 switching on problem

Hi,after i turn my TV on the logo appears on screen (ok).

then goe's to black screen with a dark grey,it stays on screen for about 10 sec

then the tv will switch off and the red light flasching  and will repeat the process time,time again with no response from remote,untill i switch of at the mains.The tv when pluget back in will then work as normal.

7 REPLIES 7
Bravia55HX

Hi,

if the red light is flashing in a sequence, for example, 3 blinks then pause then 3 blinks, then the tv is displaying a fault code which will require a service technician at your local authorised repair centre to deal with, there is nothing further you can do with it.

fiodor99
Visitor

Hi again, it looks like the  problem is  fixed :wink: for now. Problem was with my chord HDMI ACTIVE!! cables. replace them and its fine. probaly cables sending some errors to the bravia sync!Thanks for quick replay.

Message was edited by: fiodor99

Message was edited by: fiodor99

Bravia55HX

thats a result then!, make sure you have the latest spec high speed cables if you plan on watching movies in 3D and that your blu ray player is also 3d capable

fiodor99
Visitor

Problem back again, no errors displaying on the screen, red light blinking all the time!

Bravia55HX

sounds like we are back to my original answer!, how many times does it blink between pauses?

fiodor99
Visitor

light blinking 8 times pase for 1 sec and again 8 and agan,again

Bravia55HX

ok, find your nearest sony authorised repair centre, give them a ring and tell them that, you should be ok as its still under warranty. check with your dealer first as he may know who it is.