Join now - be part of our community!

55xe7073 PS4 HDR Question

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

55xe7073 PS4 HDR Question

Just got this TV and immvery happy with it no banding,dse or any other undesirable screen issues,question is I have connected my launch day, HDR enabled PS4 and set the TV to automatically change to HDR upon receiving the signal however I've noticed that I've only got two HDR options on the tv-vivid and video,now I know that this TV input lag is around 21 ms but I presume this is only whilst employing the 'game' mode therefore does anyone have any advice how I can achieve this by using the hdr setting or are all the picture settings able to utilise the 21ms appropriate for online gaming?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the community.

Please follow the instructions given here and let us know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Hello

Apologies in not replying sooner,yes I tried that and put the inputs 2+3 into enhanced mode but there is no way of outputting the game mode in HDR,it is of course possible to play in HDR mode but only if I select the standard HDR options.Game mode just looks washed out,the only way myself and others have managed to work around it is to disable HDR on the PS4 itself,then and only then does game mode not look so bad.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Mike, 

I think it's best to contact Sony Support about this issue here, to see what they suggest. Do keep us updated. 

Thanks,

Pascale