Join now - be part of our community!

853 series pixel issue

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
crsnwby
Visitor

853 series pixel issue

I just setup my new KDL-46HX853. All going well and it's awesome but for some reason on Sky HD, mainly the movie HD channels I see a full line of miss coloured pixels, not massively off colour but visible under certain images.

What's weird is, this is all connected via my amp so one HDMI to the TV, the rest into the AMP.

I can't see the issue via the PS3 games or streaming video from the PC, also the other Channels on sky, BBC HD and none HD don't show this line.

I swapped the HDMI cables round to the amp, swapped the inputs at the amp but it still remains and I can't figure it out. Doesn't seem to be the TV as the other sources would do it, and its not the cables as not all channels show it. Just Sky movies HD for some reason.

anyone seen this before or is there a test video I can download to test my panel? I can't find one anywhere that's not just RGB images.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi again,

i knew it was'nt the screen!, i was just checking to see if you had it set up right, it must be the way that Sky output the image to the screen, i would contact them and ask for a replacement box or check and see if the output settings can be changed at all.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

try going into "Home" on remote, then settings/ display/ scroll to screen and check settings in there, i have mine set at auto display area at off and display area full pixel but you may lose your problem by turning the auto display to on.

crsnwby
Visitor

Thanks for the reply but that did not fix it, however!!!!

While going thru the menus with the dodgy line in the image if I switch it to 4:3 or Zoom mode the line follows the image not the TV. So it must not be the TV... PHEW... It must be the sky box, potentially a bad image they send on sky movies HD or possibly a dodgy hdmi connection in the sky box. Weird how its not on any SD or other sky HD channels like sports etc....

But I'm sooooo pleased its not the screen.

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

i knew it was'nt the screen!, i was just checking to see if you had it set up right, it must be the way that Sky output the image to the screen, i would contact them and ask for a replacement box or check and see if the output settings can be changed at all.