Join now - be part of our community!

Advice moving from UK to USA with TV(KDL-EX703),Amp(STRDB780),DVD(NS700V) -voltage&NTSC/PAL etc

profile.country.en_GB.title
GLEWIS77
Visitor

Advice moving from UK to USA with TV(KDL-EX703),Amp(STRDB780),DVD(NS700V) -voltage&NTSC/PAL etc

Happy with my current system so would like to take but also realise it is likely to be complicated and possibly expensive (with Step-Up Transformers and Converters etc) - Im finding it tricky online (everything currently in storage) to understand if any of these products have dual voltage or NTSC compatibility etc and the risks/issues with voltage taking this TV, Amp and DVD player etc with me. I currently use Mordaunt Short Premiere Home Cinema speakers and also unsure whether to take. My work are paying for the shipping so its the balance of taking or replacement costs in the US depending what advice anyone can share...?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

You are from Europe with High voltage 220V going to teh USA that uses 110V...so no big risk as the other way around.

TV=> you can use it only as a display coz tuner won't be copatible ( not a big issue coz in teh USA almost everybody uses cable...so HDMI in will work for you)

DVD=> ZOne 2 to Zone 1 so won't be able to play US DVD

Voltage..to know if it's dual, just check teh back of your product. If it says somethign like input 110-220v then good! you will just need an adapter.

If only 200-220V then you need a transformater...that you can find easilly over there.

But honestly, looking at your gear you can find similar for a good cheap price in the USA.  The QS amp is still a nice amp but it's time to upgrade to Bluray & HD audio track :wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

UK  appliances typically rated for 240v though chart suggests 230v and not 220v

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity_by_country