Join now - be part of our community!

Am I the only person who wants a PDF version of the KDL-46HX853 manual?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pjenkins
New

Am I the only person who wants a PDF version of the KDL-46HX853 manual?

I've just purchased the above TV, but if I view the i-manual on the screen, I can't perform the recommended steps in the relevant menus. I can view the i-manual on a PC in another room, but do not want to spend my time rushing backwards and forwards to perform each step! I can print out small sections of the i-manual one at a time, but that's not a good option to print the whole manual. There are PDF manuals for other languages; is there an English PDF manual available somewhere?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pjenkins,

not sure why the operating manual is missing from the 46HX853 section..:smileyconfused:

However the manual is the same for the other HX853 models which you can download using the following link - KDL-55HX853 Instruction/Operation Manual

Hope this helps..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pjenkins,

not sure why the operating manual is missing from the 46HX853 section..:smileyconfused:

However the manual is the same for the other HX853 models which you can download using the following link - KDL-55HX853 Instruction/Operation Manual

Hope this helps..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.en_GB.title
pjenkins
New

Hi Thalamus,

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to reply - much appreciated. The link is to the operating instructions document which was in the carton with the TV, but it's always useful to have an electronic version - thank you. I was referring to the i-manual itself. I have now noted that the lists of manuals for other languages are also for the operating instructions - the i-manual is only available as HTML in those languages too.

So I will revert to 'Plan B' which is to print relevant pages from the html document as and when needed, rather than having the whole manual on the shelf. A more environment-friendly approach anyway! :slight_smile:

Thanks again and I hope the system will now mark this item as closed.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

pjenkins wrote:

Hi Thalamus,

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to reply - much appreciated. The link is to the operating instructions document which was in the carton with the TV, but it's always useful to have an electronic version - thank you. I was referring to the i-manual itself. I have now noted that the lists of manuals for other languages are also for the operating instructions - the i-manual is only available as HTML in those languages too.

So I will revert to 'Plan B' which is to print relevant pages from the html document as and when needed, rather than having the whole manual on the shelf. A more environment-friendly approach anyway!

Thanks again and I hope the system will now mark this item as closed.

Hi pjenkins,

I new the link was for the Instruction/Operating Manual but as you mentioned you had seen PDF's for other countries I thought possibly that you may be confusing the i-Manaual with the operating manual so thought I'd link you to the English online version..

As to a pdf version of the i-manual unfortunately this is something that Sony seem to have stopped in favour of the html ones..:smileysad: