Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Instant Video with Sony Bravia KDL 32W653A

Thirsty76
Explorer

Amazon Instant Video with Sony Bravia KDL 32W653A

During the day yesterday this app was working as normal.

We put the children to bed, sat down to watch a film and have a message saying "Your Amazon Instant Video app has been updated. Please sign in" so I click on Ok, then it goes round in this eternal loop, of this message popping up and me clicking OK.

i contacted Amazon who suggested deactivating the app via the Sony Entertainment site. I've not used this before so I need to register the TV first. So I did a factory reset on the TV, then tried but I can't register it? I'm being asked on the Sony site to enters an activation code to register the TV on their site but I cannot get this in the steps they are providing, using the HOME button then Sony Entertainment Network, which then apparently gives me a code... Well it doesn't.

I feel this is going to be a long fix but if anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful. 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The activation code can normally be found in the APPS area of the TV, under an app called 'link an account' or 'activate enhanced features'

See if it can be found in their.

Cheers

Thirsty76
Explorer

Thanks so much, the device (being the TV) is now registered. BUT!! IM still experiencing issues as above with the Amazon Instant Video and it's log in link. Time to go back to Amazon.... Thanks for your help, I'll pop back if I get it resolved :slight_smile:

Thirsty76
Explorer

Finally a response from Amazon;

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with Amazon Video on Sony device.

Please be informed that, we are currently aware of this issue and our engineers are diligently working to resolve it. Once the issue has been fixed, I will update you accordingly. Please expect a further update within 24 to 48 hours.

Please make sure that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we resolve this issue.

Hi,

i cannot sign in to amazon on my tv kdl-32w653a? my tv is registered with sony. HELP

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH TV AS THE OTHER PERSON WITH THIS TV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you confirm if its the ONLY app that you are having a problem with?  Does BBC iPlayer work for example?

If it is only the Amazon App that you are having a problem with, try de-registering your TV from your account settings HERE and try signing in again.

However, technically Amazon seems to have removed all Sony 2013 and below devices from their compatibility list.  See HERE.

Cheers

I have exactly the same issue today.... This morning I was watching a movie on Amazon Video, then my tv tells me it has updated the app, I follow the instructions and it keeps looping telling me the app is updated.