dillion
Visitor

Anroid tablet HDMI problem

Cant connect tablet to tv by HDMI

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.en_GB.title
dillion
Visitor

I have two Sony tvs  KDL40CX523 & KDL32EX403 and the tablet will not connect to the tvs with HDMI. The tablet will connect to other tvs by HDMI so the tablet and cables must be ok. I can connect my Compaq laptop to the Sonys using HDMI  so its a big puzzle, any help would be most welcome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you get any error messages?  When you check the HDMI list, is it showing up as a device that has been connected?  What happens when you connect the Tablet via HDMI, and you select that HDMI port to view on the TV?

Cheers

dillion
Visitor

Hi

No error messages, just a blank screen when I select the HDMI port.

My daughter has a Sony Bravia KDL32EX403 at her house and my tablet wont connect by HDMI to that either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm

Im going on a compatibility issue on this one, as..

The tablet connects and works OK on a non Sony TV via HDMI.

A Laptop connects and works OK on the Sony TV's via HDMI

When you plug the tablet into the Sony TV via HDMI, and go to the HDMI Devices List (on my 2011 TV, its under Settings>External Inputs>HDMI Setup>HDMI Devices List)  It should list all devices connected via HDMI

If not, whilst the Tablet is plugged into the TV, try restarting the Tablet.

Other than that.  I dont know.  Maybe another forum member can step in on this one?

dillion
Visitor

Hi Quinnicus

Thank you for your help, I did the devices list as you suggested and it says no devices detected when tablet is connected. However when I plug the laptop in it still says no devices detected even though I can see the laptop screen in the background.  Very dissapointed with my Sony Tvs, I am buying a new tv for the dinning room and it was going to be a Sony, but its going to be a different make now. Plugged the tablet into five different makes of tv and tablet works with every one of them every time. Its put me right off buying anything Sony again.

Thanks again for your help.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

I think this one comes down to your tablet screen resolution or refresh rate  isn't supported by the Sony TV's you tried. If possible try change these settings on your tablet. I'm not surprised on the lack of error message on the Sony TV's if this is the case I'm afraid. The HDMI device list under settings are only for devices that can be controlled by the TV e.g. amps,DVD's etc not PC's I think.

dillion
Visitor

Thank you for your input Nielsen I have tried different screen resolution settings on the tablet. It is most likely poor implemantation of the HDMI standard by Sony.I would have asked Sony support for help but sony have made it very difficult to email them. Poor company with poor products and very poor support options. I will avoid them in the future.

etritd
New

The link where you can email Sony about TV and home cinema products is as follow:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/tvhc/email

You got to have an account to login otherwise you register for free a new account.

gofrost

Here is how i connect my sony tablet SGPT12 to a sony 4HX803 and 32EX503 using the SGP-DS3 sony docking stand and connected to the charger this works every time.I'm guessing that you have the SGP-HC1 cable attached ? Just a silly thought is the HDMI cable fully inserted in the tablet and TV.See attached JPEGIMAG0020.jpg

Message was edited by: gofrost