Join now - be part of our community!

AVI Files and Networking - Please, Please help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Crusher79
Visitor

AVI Files and Networking - Please, Please help

Hi everyone.

Thank you for reading my post. Any help will be kindly appreicated.

I just recently bought a 46ex732 and am very disappointed. It's seems  the tv will not play most of avi files from a usb or my usb hard drive :slight_frown: . Does anyone know why? Is a fault on tv or was the tv designed that? Does anyone know how to get round this?

Furthermore my usb hard drive is partitioned to 3 drives. The blue ray player does recognises the hard drive but only displays 1 of its partitioned drives. The tv doesn't recognise the hard drive at all :slight_frown:   Does anyone know the reasons why or how I can fix?

One last thing...we tried connecting an Imoga network hardrive and setting up a network. My computer recognises the hard drive but again nothing on the tv. :slight_frown: . Don't understand this at all.

Please , please can somesone help.

I feel very let down by this first experience. I  was expecting alot more ease of use and user friendlyness from a big brand like Sony :slight_frown:

ps....do I have register divx/vod....what's the benefit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xmantium
Visitor

Perfect solution to watch .avi files is to use Serviio

Its fast and its free

You can also try Sonys version, Homestream, which is lightweight version of Serviio.

If you want full online streaming too, try Serviio. If its just watching files from your PC/Mac use Homestream.

Will work with all your .avi, .mp4 and .mkv files :wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
austingrd
Visitor

AVI files are not the same technically speaking. They have bit rate and everything if you look closely. Have you tried multiple AVI files already? https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Crusher79
Visitor

Hi Austingrd

Yes have tried avi multiple files.

For example on the same series of files, some files will playback and some files come up with "invalid file format or file may be corrupted" . Yet on my pc all this files work perfectly fine,

Swan79
Visitor

HI ,

My hard drive is was parititoned to 3 drives  and the tv/dvd could only read one drive. I have since repartition everything to one drive and now the tv/dvd cannot read any drives. From the DVD I get the message "The file type is not supported". Can anyone help please?

Also how i get my tv to detect files from hard drive? I works with a usb key not a 300gb hard drive?

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Xmantium
Visitor

Perfect solution to watch .avi files is to use Serviio

Its fast and its free

You can also try Sonys version, Homestream, which is lightweight version of Serviio.

If you want full online streaming too, try Serviio. If its just watching files from your PC/Mac use Homestream.

Will work with all your .avi, .mp4 and .mkv files :wink: