Join now - be part of our community!

BBC i player not working thru bravia tv

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
deniseparnell
Visitor

BBC i player not working thru bravia tv

I can't get BBC i player to work thru bravia internet video, despite downloading latest firmware from sony website

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
mdutch
Visitor

Though I'm a U.S. model owner, I had a similar problem with <5006> error, and though it looked like ethernet was working, there was no Internet connectivity.  Had my set for nearly a year before getting my wired connection set up.  Software was old version, no internet connection = no update.  :slight_frown:

1.     Inserted USB stick loaded with SONY software patch, & powered-on TV.  Update complete, no prob. :slight_smile:

2.     Automatic IP connection achieved, no problem.  However wanted to use a static IP on my home network.

3.     Static IP (manual setup) caused broken IP -- no joy trying automatic IP assignment after. :cry:

4.     Tech support said "Hard Reset": :thinking:

a.  With TV on and holding "up" button on remote (and aiming at TV)

b.  Depress and hold chassis-side-located Power Button.

c.  Release both buttons at once.

d.  Recite your favorite line from Monty Python.  Performing a silly walk seems to help.

e.  Unit should power down and back on, booting to "initial setup screen"

5.     After re-doing initial setup, both Automatic and Manual IP seemed to work.  (Though on my last try, I added a known secondary DNS server -- so I may have had some issues with my router's built-in DNS not finding what the TV uses as a connectivity test.)  :cool:

Hope this helps.

--Mark

sezadri
Visitor

When I first bought the tv and started bbc iplayer it did not work, but then Refresh Internet Content and it will be OK after 1 day as the system automatically updates itself. It works for me absolutely fine now...

jonam808
Visitor

I have just tried using the USB route downloading the firmware onto a macbook and then a USB, but no instructions (as per the sony firmware instructions).appeared on the screen.

So, I connected my macbook to the TV via ethernet and 30 mins later approx, iplayer was working and I am now watching the classic movie Point Break.

Try the ethernet route and once iplayer is up and working, wifi should then follow as the update will have been fully completed and registered on the TV.

Quality of the picture different story, HD is needed, although i understand through other threads that Blu ray DVD players display excellent picture quality.

Just purchased new Sony KDL-46W905A.  Connects successfully to home wi-fi. I can connect to www.bbc.co.uk but NOT to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer .  I get a web page saying "Your device does not support iPlayer". I have checked that the TV firmware is the lastest version.  My IP address is located within the UK.  I have done a factory reset, upon the advice of Sony, but that didn't help.  I have confirmed internet connect and renewed internet content.  The TV simply refuses to connect to BBC iPlayer.  I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Are you trying to get to the iPlayer via the TV's web-browser by any chance?  If so, you need to use the inbuilt internet applications.

See : http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13HG900111/EN/brivideo.html

Cheers

An excellent reference! Thank you.  We can now successfully access iPlayer :thumbsup: