Join now - be part of our community!

BBC i-Player

SOLVED

BBC i-Player

I have a  Bravia KDL32W654 bought in October 2013.  I cannot get BBC i-Player despite latest updates and confirmed internet access.  I can receive some other on-line facilities so I know the connection is there.  Any suggestions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try the following:

1. Confirm if any other internet functions work (I know you said that you have confirmed internet access, but test again anyhow)?  For example 5OD or YouTube.  If they dont work, its a network issue.  If they do work and iPlayer doesnt, continue.
  2. Turn TV and router off completely (as in, unplug from the wall) leave off for a couple of minutes and turn all back on again.  Test iPlayer.  If it still doesnt work, continue..
  3. If you can, remove iPlayer from the Application menu, and then refreshing internet content services.  Press the Home button, then goto Settings > Network > Refresh Internet Content.  If that still doesnt work, continue...
  4. You may need to perform a factory reset.  I would suggest writing down all settings (ie picture/display and everything else) so you can input it later on.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try the following:

1. Confirm if any other internet functions work (I know you said that you have confirmed internet access, but test again anyhow)?  For example 5OD or YouTube.  If they dont work, its a network issue.  If they do work and iPlayer doesnt, continue.
  2. Turn TV and router off completely (as in, unplug from the wall) leave off for a couple of minutes and turn all back on again.  Test iPlayer.  If it still doesnt work, continue..
  3. If you can, remove iPlayer from the Application menu, and then refreshing internet content services.  Press the Home button, then goto Settings > Network > Refresh Internet Content.  If that still doesnt work, continue...
  4. You may need to perform a factory reset.  I would suggest writing down all settings (ie picture/display and everything else) so you can input it later on.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help AND IT WORKED.   Went through in the order you suggested but it was finally factory reset that was needed - made me feel I wasn't being so daft after all. :slight_smile: