Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer, 5od & classic fm not working -Internet download failed, programmes not loading

profile.country.GB.title
BrynJ114
Explorer

BBC Iplayer, 5od & classic fm not working -Internet download failed, programmes not loading

We have a sony bravia tv and lately  (literally the last couple days) it's not letting us watch BBC Iplayer, 5od, classic fm and youtube. Nothings changed, just these have stopped working. It says 'internet download failed' and it then went to 'programmes not loaded' then after dad presed all sorts on the remote it now says 'internet download failed' and then goes to a snowy analog screen... Even if the tv has been set to hdmi1 source and i'm watching something on the freesat box.

TV is connected to the internet via ethernet cable in the LAN port via power line adapter (in the mains) from the router. I've checked the tvs network settings, tv is online. Another post mentioned to check home network setup > server diagnosticsand run the check. This comes back succeeded. We can watch netflix and everything else, just not bbc iplayer, classic fm, you tube and 5od.

ClassicFM says: Please check your internet connection.

Youtube says: This page displayed failed. please check the foolowing items, url correct? network settings, lan cable connected?

Same for 5od.

I've done hardwired speed tests and they're fine, checked the ethernet cable and it works. No issues with iplayer anywhere else in the house, Anyone got any ideas? We've also done the classic turning it off and on again. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Bryn,

Welcome to the community.

Can you tell us what model of Bravia TV you have? Then we can try to find some troubleshooting tips for you.

Thanks,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
BrynJ114
Explorer

Hi Ed,

Its a bravia Kdl - 42w805a. If you have any tips we'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Thanks for the info - I would suggest a Factory Data Reset.  You can find more details on how to perform this here.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Sean Mc