Join now - be part of our community!

Love film and Sony essential problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
KRaccount
Visitor

Love film and Sony essential problem

Hi,  I want to change the Love Film account that is registered to my Sony Bravia TV. I have tried to log on to Sony Essentials by my Sony user name and password do not allow me to access the site. I have requested a new password but do not get an email sent with a new password. When I try to create a new account, I am unable to to get a registration code as my tv is already registered.

Please help!

13 REPLIES 13
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

The Essentials username and password is unique and different to this website - are you using the right one?

I checked and sent a request for a password reset and the link came through to my inbox instantly, so don't think there is any problem there. You will need to login and de-activate your particulare device however, so maybe try the password reset again - just check you are enterting your email address correctly.

Thanks

firejeff
New

:slight_frown: I have the same problem.  why do you need to log into so many different accounts, I have logged into 'My Sony', then tried 'ESSENTIALS' then logged into this 'forum'.  Surely logging in once you would expect to be able to access everything you need.  I have tried to register ESSENTIALS but I too have a message on my tv which says I have already registered my product, so how are we able to get My Sony and ESSENTIALS to talk to each other.  I just want to watch LoveFilm on my TV.  Sort it out SONY because I have had enough!!

nayan007
Visitor

Infact I too have the same problem. Please help http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Thanks,

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Firejeff - I do agree, however Esstentials and My Sony are two different platforms and so won't talk to each other. Essentials is being shifted to PSN/SEN so it will have a common login very shortly.

In the meantime, your product is already resgistered, so you need to log back into Essentials and deactivate it and simply then pair your account up with whatever new devive you are looking to pair with. If you can't log back in, just request a password refresh and you'll get an email within a couple of seconds explaining how to go about this. The whole process should only take a couple of minutes.

This should fix thins for you also Nayan007

firejeff
New

Hi Catmambo

Thank you for your reply

I cannot log into ESSENTIALS as I haven't yet created an account

I cannot create an account because I can't get a Registration Code

I cannot get a Registration Code because my TV says its already registered

I can't request a password as I don't have an email registered with ESSENTIALS

As you can see, i'm in a bit of a loop here with now where to go!

Best regards

firejeff

firejeff
New

Hi Catmambo

My device is brand new which I bought from a shop

You do need a code for ESSENTIALS, It will not allow me to register without it

Many thanks

firejeff

Catmambo
Contributor

If the device is already registered because it was second hand or something, then the original owner needs to deactivate. If that's not possible then you need to call the call centre to start that process.

Catmambo
Contributor

My bad - yes you are right, it is needed to register..

In any event, its bizarre your device is already registered. If its a recent purchase, I'd get in touch with the shop as devices should be unregistered out of the box as one would expect..

The device will give you a code on the screen if you try and play a movie on Lovefilm and you aren't already registered, but I'm assuming that you;ve typed in this code and its told you the device is already active?

firejeff
New

Hi Catmambo

I can remember having a code when I registered my products with 'My Sony'

I needed to enter this code to have my Blueray player, amp and TV to talk together

Now that I have done this, I can't register it with ESSENTIALS

Not sure why I have to register the same information with the same company (Sony) twice

When I look in 'Network' and 'Activate Enhanced Features' on my TV it tells me that my 'Device is registered'

If I have already registered with 'My Sony' why register again with ESSENTIALS?

I just want to use 'Lovefilm' on my TV

Regards

firejeff