Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer on Bravia KDL-32W653A stuck 'loading'...

profile.country.GB.title
Darryl1976
New

BBC iPlayer on Bravia KDL-32W653A stuck 'loading'...

My parents have a Bravia KDL-32W653A, with Firmware PKG4.600EUA installed.

For some time now, after starting the BBC's iPlayer from the SEN menu, the app just shows the iPlayer logo and a 'loading' state. Nothing else happens.

I've reported this to the BBC already, with the following response:

We’re sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with iPlayer on your Sony TV. We know that some users reported a recent issue with BBC iPlayer not loading on a Sony TV. This is something that is being investigated by Sony UK directly. If you could contact them with as much as information as possible they would be most grateful.

Has anyone else had the same response? Have they found a resolution?

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Darryl1976 and welcome to the community,

Could you please try refreshing internet content in the network menu and see if this solves the issue?

Thanks,
Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Darryl1976
New

Hi Cass,

Thank you for the welcome and for your reply. Apologies for the delay in responding but I have been away.

I have tried your recommendation. Unfortunately when I try to load the iPlayer afterwards I still get the same result.

D.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Thanks for the update @Darryl1976.  I think your best bet is to contact Support so they can assist you with this further (details here).

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
HoodedHermit
New

@Darryl1976 My in-laws have had this same problem, stuck on the loading screen on iPlayer.

I found a full blown factory reset seemed to do the trick, at least for now.

Turn the TV on, press the up button on the remote. Keep holding up, and press the power button on the TV (located on the left side) until the Sony logo appears.

You’ll have to do the whole TV set up again, but it appears to have worked.