Join now - be part of our community!

BBC News not found

SOLVED
Ianls1
New

BBC News not found

I have been using my KDL-24EX325 for a few years now and a few weeks ago the BBC News features suddenly stopped working. When selected it comes up with a white screen saying URL not recognised.

I have tried all the normal things with reboots,  updates etc but with no luck and I cannot see any thing in the news or web to help me. I KNOW the internet connection is fine as all the other options work including BBC iPlayer, it just seems that the News feature is broken.

Can anyone help or am I condemed to watch Sky News for ever more - urgh!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ianls1
New

Yeah it's back! Thanks for the fix.

One small point: The pause botton no longer works, a real pain when someone phones you in the middle of you watching the news :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dafoste32
New

I am having the same problem and after resetting the TV back to factory settings the problem is still there. I would also like any answers anyone might have as we do use the BBC internet news often

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

@Ianls1  - The model number for your TV is not a UK model number - are you located in England?

@dafoste32  - Can you please provide the model number of your TV - This is important.

I have tested the BBC news application on my 2013 TV (KDL-42W807A) and it works fine.

Ianls1
New

Quinnicus, 

Sorry I mistyped its a KDL-24EX320 and yes I live in the UK and the TV was bought from Lakes in SLOUGH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks Ianls1 for the clarrification of your model number.  It is a UK model number and a 2011 TV.

I enquired with my contact with Sony today, at this stage there are no reported problems with either iPlayer or the BBC News app.  Ive been waiting for more people to report in with model numbers of TV's effected. 

My mum also has a 2011 TV, and ill ask her later if she can access the BBC News app

Can you please do one more thing - It will make it easier to report and provide evidence to Sony.  Are you able to take a photo of the error message on the TV?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I have reported this issue officially to Sony for them to investigate (my mum came back to me to confirm on her 2011 TV)  Previously, similar issues like this (with iPlayer) was a BBC issue of which Sony has little control over - however Sony can liase with the BBC to get this matter resolved.

Any updates will be posted back in this thread.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just an update.  Sony has confirmed the problem in their testings.  They are now looking at the cause/solution.

Cheers

Ianls1
New

Yeah it's back! Thanks for the fix.

One small point: The pause botton no longer works, a real pain when someone phones you in the middle of you watching the news :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for confirming that it now works.  Sony has also confirmed that it has been fixed.

Unfortunately Sony cannot do anything with the 'pause' button.  you might want to contact BBC in regards to that.

Cheers