Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W706B issues

bb1971
New

KDL42W706B issues

hi, new to the community. Purchased a new Sony Bravia 2 weeks ago model number in subject.

Since yesterday TV switches on and off- i've done the reset. Works, then decides to stop again.

Also stops when i'm using Netflix and lastly Plex is not working correctly. I can see it listed as Media Server but when i click on it freezes.

Today the front LED button (RED) flashing. Reset this again.

Any assistance appreciated....i really dont want to return this after 2 weeks.

B

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The clue to your problem is the Red Flashing LED light.  This is generally referred to blinking.  You count the number of blinks and this gives a technician a clue to where the problem occurs.  Unfortunately for you though, the blinks indicate a hardware problem of which I cannot assist.  Your best bet is to take this back to the retailer you purchased it from.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers

bb1971
New

Thanks. I think you're right. The problems have gone from bad to work- constant freezing, reset doesn't solve anything, even audio going.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on anyhow in regards to exchanging your TV :slight_smile:

bb1971
New

hi, brought it back to retailer. they did a run through with some tests and encountered same problems. They said it was the first 42" they've brought back with hardware issues. I now have a new TV. Here's hoping everything works.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is rare to get a hardware problem with a very new TV, but not unheard of unfortunately.  Here's hopeing your new TV lasts for many years to come :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update !

Cheers