Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E880 sound stops with electrical spikes

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jixerphil
Visitor

BDV-E880 sound stops with electrical spikes

Hi all,

This is my first post so please bare with me.

I have recently purchased a BDV-E880 and all is going well, apart from the most annoying loss of sound every time a light switch is flicked, every time the heating thermostat switches.

Most of the time this causes a short burst of white noise followed by a second’s worth of silence. On occasions this will stop the sound completely, the only way I have found to get the sound back is to scroll through the “Functions” until I return to the original function.

I have no issues with other audio devices, stereo, powered PC speakers, etc.

Can anyone suggest a solution???

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

sounds to me like a fault with your electrics, any power spikes or surges are likely to damage delicate electronics, you could try something like a Tacima Mains Conditioner which can be soarced from the likes of Amazon, but the way you described it above sounds like more attention is needed.

suggest a qualified electrician takes a look into this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bravia55HX

Hi,

sounds to me like a fault with your electrics, any power spikes or surges are likely to damage delicate electronics, you could try something like a Tacima Mains Conditioner which can be soarced from the likes of Amazon, but the way you described it above sounds like more attention is needed.

suggest a qualified electrician takes a look into this.