Join now - be part of our community!

Best connection for Sony KDL-55W905, SKYHD box, Sony HTCT660, Blue Ray DVD

SOLVED
ian101
Explorer

Best connection for Sony KDL-55W905, SKYHD box, Sony HTCT660, Blue Ray DVD

Hi,

I have just bought a Sony KDL-55W905 TV and want to link it up to the following components: Sky+ HD box, Sony HTCT660 soundbox  and Blueray DVD player. Can anyone suggest the best configuration and leads I should use as I am fairly new to this? Any help advice gratefully received. Is there a diagam showing this that anyone can recommend?

Thanks, Ian.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply preference to be honest.  Both will work.  Option 1 is feeding the video signal directly to the TV and then outputting audio to the soundbar.  Option 2 is feeding the audio signal directly to the soundbar and than passing the video to the TV.

I use a combination of both in regards to my setup (to an AV Receiver).  I have a couple of devices setup as option 1, and a couple more devices on option 2.

Me personally, I prefer option 2 for HQ Audio (ie DTS-HD MA) for things like bluray players.  But option 1 for general devices.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You have two options on connecting them:

Option 1:

• CT660 (HDMI OUT) > TV (HDMI 1)     Note: must use HDMI 1 for Audio Return.
  • Sky+HD (HDMI OUT) > TV (HDMI 3)
  • Bluray (HDMI OUT) > TV (HDMI 4)

Set Bravia Sync on the TV and CT660, and then set TV Speaker to "Audio System" and set the Input Source on CT660 to TV

Option 2:

• Sky+HD (HDMI OUT) > CT660  (HDMI IN 1)
  • Bluray (HDMI OUT) > CT660 (HDMI IN 2)

Set Bravia Sync on the TV and CT660, and then set TV Speakers to "Audio System" and then set the input source on the CT660 to what ever you are watching.

Both options will work.

Hope that helps

Cheers

ian101
Explorer

Many thanks for this.

Is either one better than the other or simply preference?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply preference to be honest.  Both will work.  Option 1 is feeding the video signal directly to the TV and then outputting audio to the soundbar.  Option 2 is feeding the audio signal directly to the soundbar and than passing the video to the TV.

I use a combination of both in regards to my setup (to an AV Receiver).  I have a couple of devices setup as option 1, and a couple more devices on option 2.

Me personally, I prefer option 2 for HQ Audio (ie DTS-HD MA) for things like bluray players.  But option 1 for general devices.

ian101
Explorer

Much appreciated. I will try option 2 to start.

ian101
Explorer

Hi,

I have connected the TV, Soundbar, Sky HD+ box and Sony Bluray player as per below:

Option 2:

• Sky+HD (HDMI OUT) > CT660  (HDMI IN 1)
  • Bluray (HDMI OUT) > CT660 (HDMI IN 2)

Set Bravia Sync on the TV and CT660, and then set TV Speakers to "Audio System" and then set the input source on the CT660 to what ever you are watching.

However, I cant seem to get the Bluray player so appear on the screen of the TV even changing input settings on the soundbar and /or TV.

I am sure I am doing something silly or not doing something with settings but any advice gratefully received as to how i can get the Bluray player to actually appear on the TV screen.

Thanks Ian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Did you manage to resolve this?  If not, please post back.  Sometimes a switching the power off from the wall to all equipment can solve this, as it might be a HDMI hand-shake issue in regards to bravia sync and switching it off resolves it.

Cheers