Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 40EX724 does not record DVB-C

profile.country.no_NO.title
bjartelund
Visitor

Bravia 40EX724 does not record DVB-C

Hi,

I have sucessfully registred a 500GB USB-drive(with external power) to my Sony Bravia 40EX724, and receive digital signals. However I am not able to record any shows, using manual timer, guide-based or manual by the remote.

I get no error-messages, but no videos are stored(capacity is 460.8G/460.8G, so nothing is being saved). I tried searching the forums, but most errors seemed to be related to registration of usb-drive.

Is it normal for the recording to show a red pause symbol, ||  while recording. Ending the recording turns it into a red box for a couple of seconds.

I am still waiting to receive a program-card for the cable-network, but the state-channel(NRK in Norway), is apparantly not coded, and shows just fine without. Could the lack of program-card be the issue? Have tried both HD and SD channels, of course only digital.

Have updated to the latest firmware(which really helped on the internet performance).

Disk has worked fine attached to computer before. Diagnostics showed that all features should be available.

Any hints, solutions, links to other posts which answer my question?

Edit: Only error received yet was "Recording interrupted. Conflicts with another recording or start time had passed" . But that does not explain the manual recordings.

Kind regards,

Bjarte

Message was edited by: bjartelund

Message was edited by: bjartelund

0 REPLIES 0