Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia can't see home server NAS

profile.country.GB.title
onevalefan
Explorer

Bravia can't see home server NAS

• TV / KDL-50R550A
  • Software version / V7.406-2.312.00 (latest version)
  • TV internet connection successful via in-built wifi, also successful when testing with ethernet cable. Attempted both static and dynamic IPs.
  • Router is a BT Hub 5A with UPNP etc.. all successfully enabled
  • NAS is a first gen 4TB WDMyCloud, perfectly accessable by any computer connected to the router and historically worked fine with a Samsung tv. DLNA/remote access/FTP etc all successfully enabled.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I am unable to access my NAS drive through the TV.

I attach a screenshot below of excerpts from the offical SONY operation manual for this exact TV model which states configuration of NAS drives can be done via a submenu called home network setup under the main network option.

Wb8tMOQ

As you can see from the photo below,  I do not have the home network setup option available to me.

mV7uEPQ

So despite the fact that I have the latest software update for the TV, and despite the fact that I've even tried a factory settings reset to see if it then comes up, for some reason my TV does not have the functionality claimed in the operating manual.

UeuRX5R

Some help with this would be great because it's making me tear my hair out. The NAS and it's embedded DNLA server has previously worked fine through this exact router to a Samsung TV.

The problem is the Sony product, somewhere.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
onevalefan
Explorer

bump. 

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @onevalefan - I have escalated your post for you, so someone from Support should be in touch soon to help you.

Cheers,

C

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @onevalefan

We just heard back from Support and they advise to switch from IPV6 to IPV4 as a test.

However, this is a non-European model, so they can't really support as much as they can with UK models.

Best, 

Arthur

profile.country.GB.title
onevalefan
Explorer

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for that.

Unfortunatley it has had no effect.

profile.country.GB.title
onevalefan
Explorer

bump

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

We've let the Support Team know that the previous advice hasn't helped, and we've asked them for further assistance. We hope to have a response for you soon.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi onevalefan,

Unfortunately, since this is a non European model, Sony's support to the device, as well as its general functionality is limited, so they recommend you to contact the support team of the country of origin to verify if this network feature is even compatible with the network standards used in the UK.

Best wishes, 

Pascale_F