Join now - be part of our community!

Can't Stream to my Sony XBR-65X850D

profile.country.IE.title
jfsa1219
New

Can't Stream to my Sony XBR-65X850D

While I had no trouble getting my wi-fi to connect to my TV, my computer doesn't have it in the connected devices screen. I have a Samsung and LG TV that both show up, but no matter what I tried (adding a device, switching off the firewall, etc) it won't or I can't find the Sony Smart TV on it. I would like to stream to it but I can't due to the computer not recognizing it.Please help.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi jfsa1219,

Welcome to the community.

You may need to contact the computer manufacturer about this, but I will pass this post on to the relevant team for you to see what they suggest.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @jfsa1219,

please do not double post.

I removed your other post describing the same problem.

Dividing the discussion to two seperate posts is utterly confusing.

Here is my response to your other post where you describe the same problem:

Hi @jfsa1219,

non of the TVs at my House show up as "connected device" (2x Samsung, 1xPhilips ATV), yet if I right click any media file, I can select to play them on each TV.

- Nic

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

Hi jfsa1219, in my experience it's nearly always the PC that's the problem, in my case a Win10 PC. A reboot usually fixes it, but try the following...(sorry if you've alread tried all this).

1. Reboot the PC. (Sometimes after network changes or Windows updates although the PC works fine Windows needs to re-start to work properly)

2. Restart the TV

3. Can the TV see the PC - ie can you use "Album" to see any media on the PC??

4. Can you "ping" the TV from the PC?

5. Try getting the TV (and the PC) on the wired network if at all possible. Test with a long RJ45 if you can't do it permanently. This will help narrow down where the problem is.

MB

profile.country.IE.title
jfsa1219
New

MB Thank you for taking the time to respond

1 & 2-I turn my PC off every night so in the morning it's rebooted, same
with the TV
3-No TV is connected to wi-fi but can't detect the PC
4-No TV doesn't show up in the connected device screen but my 2 other smart
tv's do
5-Different floors, cable would have to be extremely long

I also tried to add a device but PC can't pick up the tv even though the
wi-fi is connected on the tv. Don't know if this matter's but I'm running
Windows 7.

Thank you
Joe
profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

Hi Joe, ok, apart from distance being too far - I'm guessing this is a Win7 problem (if you've already discounted the Firewall). I would suggest...

1. Remove or disable network/media sharing on the PC, then reboot, then enable again.

2. Ping the TV's IP address from the PC. Just because Windows can't "see" the device doesn't mean it isn't on the network, (I can explain how to do this if you don't know). The key here is to work out if there's IP connectivity in the first place.

If there's IP connectivity, then this is probably a Win7/Firewall issue, if there isn't then you need to fix the WiFi.

MB

profile.country.IE.title
jfsa1219
New

Thank you. Where do I find the tv's IP address, in setting's. Can you
please explain the ping

Thank you,
Joe
profile.country.GB.title
MiteBe
Explorer

OK, you'll  find it in the settings/network information of your TV. Sorry, I'm not familiar with that exact model. But if it's an Android TV (I think it is), press Home, then scroll to the bottom. You'll see a heading of Settings, then go into "Network Settings", then "WiFi" you should see the IP Address.

The IP address will be something like 192.168.1.65, or some other set of four numbers with a dot in between. (The numbers will depend on your broadband provider).

Then, when you have this number go to the command line on your PC (Start, Run, then type "cmd" without the quotes then enter). You should now have a block DOS box appear. type "ping x.x.x.x"  without the quotes where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the TV.

It will either respond with the time in milliseconds of the response, or it'll say request timed out. If it responds you know that both the PC and the TV can see each other on the network and you probably have a Firewall/Win7 issue. If not then you have a WiFi issue.

profile.country.IE.title
jfsa1219
New

Thank you so much, I'll report back and tell you how I did.
Joe