Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia - Configuration failed while authenticating 2123

SOLVED
kokoomailuk
Explorer

Bravia - Configuration failed while authenticating 2123

I have a KDL-W815B Bravia connected to an Apple Airport Extreme modem wirelessly.

The built in browser is working fine, also facebook and twitter but I don't get other applications like Youtube, Lovefilm.

When I check the Internet connection it's says 3 OK, but when I try the Refresh Internet Content, I get the "Configuration failed while authenticating<2123>" error. The same error if I try to update the TV software via internet. "The TV could not check for updates ovet the network. Please check network connections and settings. Error: 2123".

Tried several options like Power Reset, Factory Reset, change my old router to a new one, but nothing has helped.

Hope some of you guys can help me to fix this, it's getting really annoying.

Thx,

PS: Sorry for my english

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kokoomailuk
Explorer

For those who having the same problem and nothing helped to fix it, I tooked my TV to Sony Service and they changed the mother board. Everything is working fine now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you havent sorted this out already... If you havnt got things like iPlayer, 5OD etc, you need to ensure that your IP address is pointing to a UK one.  Goto http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup  and confirm that it is.

If it is, and it still doesnt work, connect to your router using an ethernet cable (at least for a test) and see if you can connect properly and all services are available.

See if that helps anyhow.

Cheers

kokoomailuk
Explorer

Hy,

Thanks for your reply.

I know that I can't get iPlayer, 50D etc. because I'm not form the UK.

But my big problem is that I don't have even Youtube. No SEN widgetes at all.

Neither the software update doesn't work from the TV via internet.

I tried to connect the TV to the router via ethernet but I get the same error. 2123.

kokoomailuk
Explorer

For those who having the same problem and nothing helped to fix it, I tooked my TV to Sony Service and they changed the mother board. Everything is working fine now.