Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia connection between KDL50W829 and Sony HT-XT1 soundbase

SOLVED
jak008
Explorer

Bravia connection between KDL50W829 and Sony HT-XT1 soundbase

I have recently purchased a KDL50W829 and a Sony HT-XT1 soundbase. I have connected them as per the guides using an ARC HDMI cable and also via optical. When I go to bravia sync the soundbase is not found. The sound is output via sound system in the TV settings but the only way to control the volume is by the small remote control that came with the base, the TV remote doesn't work with the base. The settings on the base are correct also, HDMI control is Auto(also tried On) and ARC on. I have a humax freesat tuner connected to the base and on certain channels I can control the volume via its own remote but others its fixed however mute works on all channels. Also certain channels sound outputs are higher than other for example HD over SD channels which is really annoying as you constantly have to adjust the volume depending on which channel you watch. Can anyone suggest something more constructive than what Sony support has suggested, ie check your connections and turn it on and off! I have also done a reset on both systems.  Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Hi,

Refering to your last sentence.

I tried to setup the HT-XT1  via the Home Threate Control option on the TV, but I only got a list of sound systems that were compatible with the Sony TV - HT-XT1 was included in the list. There seemed no way of selecting HT-XT1 from this list. I was connected to the Internet as indicated. What should happen in this instance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is a function that ive not played much with.  But i understand that it is just to change some audio settings from a connected audio device.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/get-the-most-out-of-home-theatre-contro...

However you can only do so if both devices are working with BraviaSync/Control for HDMI.

Im not sure about selecting device, i thought it was automatic

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Success, I found the Soundbase Icon sitting at the end of the long list of 'All Apps' in the TV. It did provide access to all the soundbase functionality.

Thanks for your help.

AndrewCarpenter
Explorer

I also having the same issue dude. So i am not alone to face the problem. Hope the sony will reply to my issue soon. And problem get solved.

jak008
Explorer

I just connect the TV to the soundbase, all other inputs go straight to the
TV hdmi ports.
profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Yes this is the ideal connection setup, but you can get problems when a none Sony product is connected also to the TV HDMI sockets. You can lose the BRAVIA Sync / ARC functionality due to the incompatibility of the none Sony product.

columbee
Explorer

Many Many Many Many thanks and more manys Ive spent considerable time trying to fix my communication error from Sony HT-XT1 to Sony Bravia Tv only to be told it had to be sent to repair centre

pity the tekky at sony or a least the one I spoke to was unware of this fix which WORKED it was the same device I had connected. My equipment worked flawlessly for 3 years until I connected you no what (and its going in the bin)

Everything now works as normal  have a drink on me cheers