Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Internet Video option stopped working properly

profile.country.en_GB.title
Gazzamundo
Visitor

Bravia Internet Video option stopped working properly

Hi, I've got a KDL32EX523, and Internet Video has been working fine ever since I purchased the TV. A few days ago, the Internet Video function stopped working. Each time I select "Bravia Internet Video" from the menu options, instead of taking me to the usual menu of services (iPlayer etc), it goes to the "Refresh Internet Content" routine. It successfully runs this routine and then tells me to press menu - so back to the start. I've checked the Network Connections from the TV, which indicates all is fine.

Hopefully someone can give me a clue how to solve this - there's nothing to watch on Freeview!

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Strange - maybe try the usual firmware upgrade and factory reset and that should flush out any software gremlins. No reason for it to have stopped working though, but should be easy to resolve.

Try unplugging it from the wall as well & leaveing it unplugged for 5 minutes to power cycle the device.

Hope this helps

Gazzamundo
Visitor

Thanks for your quick response. I'd already checked the firmware and performed a factory reset to no avail. As a last resort, I did the unplugging the set for 5 minutes routine as you suggested. Now working! How unplugging it from the wall makes any odds I don't know - surely switching it off at the plug is the same thing? But it's working now (touch wood - haven't tried it today), so thanks for your help.

Regards

Gary