Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-32W653A and Sony CMU-BR200

SOLVED
trevordunkerley
Explorer

Bravia KDL-32W653A and Sony CMU-BR200

At Christmas I purchased a Bravia KDL-32W653A for my wife. She now wants a Skype her son in Thiland from it so I purchased the Sony CMU-BR200 webcam to enable this. When I connect the USB plug of the CMU-BR200 to the television, it does not show as a Connected Device. Anything else I connect, like a Jump Drive, shows as Connected Device. Why is this please? I'm 78 years of age and rather unfamiliar with computers so please be kind...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From my understanding, the camera should activate when going to the Skype application.  Im guessing that the light will come on once the camera is in operation (ie on a Skype call) as an indicator that the camera is "active". 

Go to the Skype app and test it out, thats the only way to know if its working.  I wouldnt worry about "connected devices" to be honest, as the real test is if Skype works.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of things to check:

• Ensure that the TV is connected to your home network and that it can access the internet.
  • Ensure that the TV has the latest firmware installed
  • Connect the BR200 directly to the TV using a USB port (ie not via a USB hub).
  • Turn the TV off from the power at the wall for 2 minutes and switch on again (leave BR200 connected).
  • Test - by going to the Skype application on the TV

Hope that works :slight_smile:

PS: You are going well for 78 !!  My granddad who is 80, refuses to watch any other channels other than 1,2,3 and 4 and has done so since ever !!

Cheers

trevordunkerley
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I hear what you are saying and I will try what you suggest, but please answer me the following. When the CMU-BR200 is plugged into the TV via the USB port, should the light on the webcam come on - which it doesn't? How exactly do you know that it is operative when it does not show on 'Connected Divices'? Or, does this only occur when you are connected to the Internet? I am begining to wonder if it is a faulty device and should return it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From my understanding, the camera should activate when going to the Skype application.  Im guessing that the light will come on once the camera is in operation (ie on a Skype call) as an indicator that the camera is "active". 

Go to the Skype app and test it out, thats the only way to know if its working.  I wouldnt worry about "connected devices" to be honest, as the real test is if Skype works.

Cheers