Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-V32A12U No longer retains Freeview Channels

profile.country.en_GB.title
ankemp05
New

Bravia KDL-V32A12U No longer retains Freeview Channels

Following a recent requirement to retune our Freeview channels, our Sony Bravia KDL-V32A12U no longer retains channels. If we wish to watch Freeview, we have to retune our TV every time - although this works it is time consuming and very frustrating, considering our set is only 7 years old. We have noticed that this may be due to a requirement to update software (Firmware), but all advice on this states the need to use a USB - our set does not have a USB. Have any other KDL-V32A12U owners experienced this? Can anyone offer advice?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

It may well require a trip to the service centre to get it checked out, but mindful of TV pricing, it may well make more economic sense to replace with a new model as picture quality & features are signifcantly better on new devices which have just started shipping. So things like Freeview HD, integrated BBC iPlayer and newer,better quality panels are common place.

Depending on budget - the 32R http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-80-32-lcd/kdl-32r423a or you could very likely fit a 40" Tv in the same footprint that your previous 32" fitted into.

Hope this helps

I have only recently retuned my Sony Bravia KDL-V32A12U and now I have exactly the same problem.

I don't expect my TV to get all new "bells and whistles" features, but it seems crazy that it no longer supports the most fundamental feature of retaining stored channels.

Just replacing the TV by buying a new one is hardly an acceptable solution, when every other aspect of the TV still works perfectly well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When a TV fails to retain the channels, it's most likely a hardware issue.  The TV will need to be taken to an authorised Sony repair centre for the fault to be diagnosed and fixed.  Its most likely that it is un-economicatal to repaire.  The TV is coming onto 9 years old now. 

Alternatively, you could purchase a Freeview box for the TV.

Cheers