Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL32RD433 - Can I connect to Wi-Fi

mattyl149
New

Bravia KDL32RD433 - Can I connect to Wi-Fi

I bought this TV yesterday and trying to confirm whether this has Wi-Fi functionality 

It mentions in the manual but Amazon doesn't show it as being a Smart TV. There is a network setup menu but it only shows status, IP address settings and network connection and nowhere to search for a network. I just presumed it was, and I only noticed that bit on Amazon just now

If it isn't, then it's not the end of the world as I have a Now TV box connected so can still access YouTube and iPlayer, but I would like confirmation either way

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hello mattyl149,

You can see the operation manual for your TV here: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-32RD433

The following is an extract from the specifications section of the manual:

Wireless technology

Protocol IEEE802.11b/g/n

(KDL-48WD65x / 40WD65x / 32WD60x only)

Unfortunately your model does not therefore have built in Wi-Fi

I would hazard a guess that is what the 'W' represents in the models referred to above.

Page 10 of the manual:

Connecting TV to the Internet

(KDL-48WD65x / 40WD65x / 32WD60x

only)

This would imply that you cannot connect to the internet via LAN (wired connection) either - out of interest is there a LAN socket (for ethernet cable) on the TV ?

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Manual shows this : "general Internet services not supported"

32RD433.PNG

MeOnSony
New

So why the network port?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

All TVs labeled as 'Freeview HD' in the UK must contain an ethernet port according to the DBook 6 standard.  This is primarily for the IPTV/MHEG channels - channels from 225 to around 260 in the Freeview EPG.

Cheers

jase12354
New

I have same model no doesn't have WiFi or Ethernet is what I thought until researched every new advanced hd TV as to have a Ethernet socket by law or can't be sold out of eu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jase12354

Have another look for the Ethernet port - As long as you purchased the UK version, its there (see screenshot from MiCal1967 above)

Specs indicate its there:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kdl-32rd433/specifications

So does the manual:

LAN - RD4.jpg

Cheers

My Model KDL-32RD433 when tried to connect to internet it shows the IP detail but staus as 

Cable connected: OK

Internet connection: Failed

Please let me know how to soplve this issue

I am with Virgin media WPS network

profile.country.GB.title
jonbillingham865
New

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @arunonsony

This is normal for this TV.  The RD433 series TV is not a Smart TV.  However it will connect to the MHEG TV channels (which stream via the internet) in the Freeview EPG.

Cheers